Sponsoring Agency: Extreme Tech Challenge
Type of Fund: Challenges, Competitions or Prizes
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/25/2021
Size of the Fund: Not Available
The Extreme Tech Challenge (XTC) competition is the world’s largest startup competition for entrepreneurs addressing global challenges. Drawing from the United Nation’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals, XTC connects innovators with a network of investors, corporations, and mentors to help them raise capital, launch corporate collaborations, and scale their world-changing startups.
The Extreme Tech Challenge Competition (“Competition”) is organized and operated by Extreme Tech Challenge, a California non-profit corporation with 501(c) (3) approval (“XTC”).
Finalists will be notified in late May 2021, publicly announced in early June 2021, with the winner announced at the XTC Global Finals on July 22, 2021.
Competitors will submit their startup in one of 7 categories which bundle the UN SDG’s. These are, in alphabetical order only:
• AgTech, Food, & Water
• Cleantech & Energy
• Enabling Technologies
• Transportation & Smart Cities
In addition, competitors will be considered for two special awards in 2020
• Female Founder Award
o They will be awarding this recognition to the top startup with at least one female founder, whose innovations are driving solutions to global challenges.
• COVID-19 Innovation Award
o They want to recognize how startups around the world are responding to this global crisis through innovation, from testing kits to online education, and promote their successes through an award to an XTC applicant addressing challenges brought on by COVID-19.
• The XTC Competition is open to all product or service submissions based on a new technology or an innovative application of an existing technology built by the submitting company that has potential address one of XTC’s Tech for Good categories. Applicants must be legally incorporated – or registered – in an eligible country. The proposed business cannot be in violation of any intellectual property rights, including but not limited to patents, copyrights and trade secrets.
• XTC does not have any restrictions on current revenue level or capital raised to date.
• The company has developed, or is in the process of developing, (i) a product or service based on a new or innovative technology, or (ii) an innovative application of an existing technology developed by the company.
• The company’s product or service developed or under development by the company has the potential to address one of the following seven key categories (collectively, the “Tech for Good Categories”), which are based on the Seventeen (17) United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (“SDGs”):
o AgTech, Food, & Water
o Cleantech & Energy
o Enabling Technologies
o Transportation & Smart Cities
• The company has no restrictions on future funding based on the funding received by the company as of the date of submission of the Entry.
• At least one company founder or executive is a legal resident of an Eligible Country, and at least 18 years of age at the time of entry into the Competition.
Each of the following is an Eligible Country: United States, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cameroon, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Curacao, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Latvia, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Myanmar, Nepal, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, St. Vincent & Grenadines, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine (excluding Crimea), United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela, Vietnam and Zambia.
More information at: https://extremetechchallenge.org/