Sponsoring Agency: Pennsylvania Government
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Not Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy):
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
The Farm Vitality Planning Grant Program will help fund professional services for those planning for the future of a farm.
The program will enhance the long-term vitality of Pennsylvania's farms through sound business planning, efficient transitions of farm ownership, strategic farm expansion, diversification of agricultural production, and building a team of financial and technical expertise as a resource for Pennsylvania's farmers.
• This is a reimbursement grant. The maximum grant amount is $7,500 and is limited to 75% of project costs.
• The amount of reimbursement is based on actual eligible costs submitted by an approved applicant for an approved project during the fiscal year in which the grant is offered. Grants will be awarded on a funds-available basis.
Grants may be used for expenses related to the following projects:
• Creating or obtaining business plans or management strategies to enhance the long-term economic viability of a farm.
• Creating or obtaining plans for the transition of ownership and operation of a farm to new owners and operators.
• Creating or obtaining plans for transfer of ownership and operation of a farm within the farmer's family.
• Creating or obtaining business plans to diversify an existing agricultural operation to new or different forms of agricultural production.
• Creating or obtaining business plans for a farm expansion or to seek financing for farm growth.
• Creating or obtaining plans to maintain the long-term economic viability and protect the investment of public funds in preserving farms that are subject to perpetual agricultural conservation easements acquired under the Agricultural Area Security Law, for agricultural production.
• Prospective farmers,
• and others in support of the grant's objectives.
More information at: https://www.agriculture.pa.gov/Pages/Farm-Vitality-Planning-Program.aspx