Sponsoring Agency: Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR)
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 06/04/2021
Size of the Fund: USD $50,000 to $500,000
The purpose of the Horticultural Netting Program (the Program) is to provide funding to eligible apple and pear producers for the purchase and installation of new netting over established apple and pear orchards (a ‘project’).
The Commonwealth Government has provided $4 million for the Program. The Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR) has agreed to implement the Program on the Commonwealth Government’s behalf.
Research indicates that netting delivers productivity benefits by:
• protecting crops from extreme weather and predators
• increasing water use efficiency.
Netting helps producers to:
• maintain fruit quality
• ensure continuity of supply
• manage production risks.
Funding will be provided for the costs for:
• Self-installing; to purchase new horticultural netting and associated support structures required for installation; or
• Installation by an independent commercial third-party provider whose regular business includes installation of agricultural netting (‘Third Party Installation’): to supply and install new horticultural netting and associated support structures required for installation.
• Grants are available for eligible apple and pear producers operating in Victoria. The Program will provide for up to 50 per cent of eligible costs to purchase and commercially install new horticultural netting (fixed and demountable), to a maximum of $150,000 (ex GST). Applicants may also self-install, subject to some exclusions, such as wages and installation equipment.
• The number and value of individual grants allocated by the Program will depend upon overall demand. If the Program is oversubscribed, funding will be allocated to successful applicants on a pro-rata basis (a proportion of the amount applied for).
Example: If the Program is oversubscribed by 20 per cent ($4.8 million total), each applicant will be offered 20 per cent less than their requested amount for example, under this scenario a $150,000 application will be offered $120,000.
Eligible applicants must:
• Operate a primary production business (as defined in the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997)
• Be property owners, share farmers or lease holders for the land parcel proposed for the project
• Operate a commercial apple and/or pear orchard in Victoria
• Operate as a sole trader, partnership, trust or private company
• Hold an Australian business number (ABN)
• Earn more than 50 per cent of their gross income from their primary production business under normal seasonal circumstances
• Have complied with the terms and conditions of any previous Victorian Government funding, grant or concessional loan they have received
Have not withdrawn from a previous offer made under this Program.
More information at: https://agriculture.vic.gov.au/support-and-resources/funds-grants-programs/horticultural-netting-grants-program