Sponsoring Agency: Spring Activator
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 06/15/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
The Launch Challenge is a newly-established grant fund to help entrepreneurs and business owners in various communities in British Columbia and the Yukon to invest in launching:
• A new business
• A new product / service offering
• An existing product / service in a new market.
The Challenge is designed to equip businesses with new skills to thrive through the completion of an online learning Business Resilience Program.
The prizes are*:
• The Champion Prize is a $10,000 cash prize for the best application submitted!
• The Gold Prize is a Digital Marketing & Strategy Package which includes:
o Two Digital Marketing Strategy sessions with Tiny Planet Digital that can be applied on developing a digital marketing plan OR plan implementation.
o An SEO or web data audit and consultation with RW Digital.
• The Silver Prize is an audit and consultation package with RW Digital that can be applied towards your choice of one of the following:
o Google Analytics
o Google Ads
• Exclusive to businesses on Sunshine Coast: $1,000 Sunshine Coast Champion cash prize for the second best growth plan submitted.
• Exclusive to businesses in Campbell River: $450 Social Media & Content Package with Like a Voss for the best growth plan submitted. The Package involves:
o A deep analysis into accounts
o 1 hour of consulting to cover recommendations on how to improve content on each channel and be consistent to create a community around the brand
o 1 hour of design time, to create content determined in the consulting session (example: Instagram refresh, FB cover photo + profile photo, or graphics for sharing on all channels).
• Exclusive to businesses in Powell River: a business incubation prize package for the best growth plan submitted. The package includes:
o A three-month membership at Coastline Colab
o Six coaching sessions with a professional business coach and branding expert, valued at $2,000.
*Please note that each business can only claim 1 of the above prizes. We will allocate prizes in the above priority order to businesses with the best growth plans.
For all participants:
• Get featured in Spring’s special edition newsletter! (You can of course opt out of getting featured if you want—we’ll make sure to ask for your consent in the application!)
• FREE 1-on-1 Financial Check Up session with Entreflow, in which they review your current financials and make recommendations to improve and scale up. PLUS $500 off your cloud accounting software implementation.
• FREE 1-on-1 HR Health Check session with Entreflow, where they will assess your current HR contracts and policies to ensure successful relationships between employer and employee.
• Be a registered company in British Columbia or in the Yukon (Partnership, Corporation, Cooperative, Registered Not For Profit, or Registered Charity).
• Have enrolled in the Business Resilience Program (access is free for members of numerous communities in British Columbia and the Yukon).
More information at: https://spring.is/launch-challenge/