Sponsoring Agency: Toilet Board Coalition
Type of Fund: Accelerator, Incubation, Mentorship and/or Training
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/30/2021
Size of the Fund: Not Available
Toilet Board Coalition’s accelerator program has been supporting entrepreneurs with bespoke mentorship, partnership and the visibility to scale their sanitation economy businesses.
More than toilets alone, they look for commercially viable businesses across the sanitation economies – including innovative sanitary-ware infrastructure, products & service providers; toilet resource collection, treatment and transformation, and digital applications for sanitation and preventative healthcare.
The Accelerator partners with entrepreneurs over the course of 12 months.
Benefits of the Programme
• 12 months in-kind business support
o Hands-on mentoring tailored to your needs and the challenges facing your business
• Access to capital
o upon graduation from the Accelerator (capital from TBC members and TBC investor network based on investment readiness)
• Partnership brokering & brand building
o through affiliation with TBC member corporate, NGO and institutional brands
• Membership to the Toilet Board Coalition
o ongoing engagement and investment opportunities with the Coalition following graduation
• Access to global and local mentors
o business experts from leading multinational companies – sales, marketing, supply-chain, financial planning, etc and technical experts from leading companies and stakeholders – research & development, engineering, IT, mobile, etc.
• A business intelligence toolkit
o consumer insights study; social & environmental audit; and financial analysis
The accelerator is seeking to work with businesses that meet the following criteria:
• Emerging & Frontier Markets: Target market includes populations most at risk in Asia, Africa & Latin America.
• Scalable: The business is positioned to deliver sanitation at scale and is connected to the full value chain of sanitation service delivery
• Innovative/ Replicable: Product offering that is aspirational for its target market and provides an improved solution to the market and/or product offering that is proven and replicable
• Market Based: Commercially viable businesses, at every point in the sanitation value chain, delivering sanitation to those without access, profitably
More information at: https://www.toiletboard.org/how-we-work/accelerator/