Sponsoring Agency: Tampa Bay Wave
Type of Fund: Accelerator, Incubation, Mentorship and/or Training
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/30/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
The TechDiversity Accelerator, powered by Nielsen Foundation, is a unique 90-day program designed for early-stage tech companies that are 51% owned, controlled, and operated by a minority, woman, veteran, disabled person, or LGBTQ person or persons.
Companies will work in a collaborative, non-competitive environment and will have access to invaluable resources including mentoring, pitch coaching and sales training, curated workshops and networking events, significant savings from various perks partners (such as AWS), and media exposure.
• Guidance and Mentorship
o Dedicated Support & Coaching
o One of the largest mentor networks with various subject matter & vertical expertise, including programming designed to help you efficiently connect with the best mentors for your startup
o 24/7 access to online portal for cohort companies and Wave’s Mentor Network
o Continued support beyond 90days with free CORE membership for an additional 9 months
• Community and Connections
o Invites to socials, community events and other opportunities to network and engage
o Massive community exposure during the mid-program Pitch Night, one of Wave’s signature public events that typically attracts hundreds (& sells out!)
o Strategic introductions such as to prospective customers and other business opportunities
• Access to Capital
o Growing and engaged investor network with introductions based on readiness and investor fit
o Capital coaching to help prepare for Pitches, Investor Meetings, etc.
o Exposure during TechDiversity Demo Day (exclusively for accredited investors)
• Exposure and Savings
o $2,000 Travel Stipend provided to each accepted company to help offset the cost of travel to Tampa
o PR and Marketing support to communicate successes and celebrate milestones
o Coworking benefits (including conference room usage)
o Save well-over $10,000 annually with our perks partners
• Build + Launch + Grow: Build, launch and grow are not only the phases of any startup venture, they are the framework by which they support their companies. BUILD-LAUNCH-GROW framework provides targeted support for the demands your company will experience that will ultimately lead to success.
• Mentorship: Mentorship is one of the single most important tools for any startup founder or CEO. Tampa Bay Wave’s extensive network of mentors provide a unique and diverse group of experts that will provide infinite value throughout your company’s journey toward success.
• Extensive Network: It’s been said that it’s all about who you know. Tampa Bay Wave’s extensive network of supporters, mentors, entrepreneurs in residence, community advocates and business leaders make up a tremendous community of people who will provide you and your company a firm foundation of growth.
Criteria for Consideration
• 51% ownership or operated by one or more founders who are minority, woman, veteran, disabled, LBGTQ, or a combination thereof
• Dedicated management of at least two full-time people
• Ability to travel to Tampa at least 3 times during the 90-day program*
• Proof of market validation
• Investable and/or scalable business
• Viable business plan
• Financial runaway of at least 6-12 months
* Programming will be 100% virtual until it is safe to resume in-person.
More information at: https://www.tampabaywave.org/techdiversity/