Sponsoring Agency: Department of Finance (DoF)
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/05/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
Over 1,100 businesses across a wide range of sectors will be able to apply for a one-off £50,000 grant to help them with the impact of Covid-19.
The Large NAV Business Grant scheme being delivered by Land & Property Services will provide financial support to businesses occupying large commercial premises with a Net Annual Value (NAV) of over £51,000 and which also qualified for the 12 months rates holiday.
This new Grant Scheme will make available more than £50 million of financial assistance to hundreds of businesses across a wide range of sectors including childcare, retail, manufacturing, hospitality, tourism and leisure.
The scheme is designed to support the business which is the main occupier of a property, not the landlord or managing agent or any businesses/self-employed parties who rent part of the property from the main occupying business. Occupying businesses who consider themselves eligible for support from this scheme can apply even if they are not the named ratepayer on the business rate bill for the property.
The following criteria apply to the Large NAV Business Grant Scheme:
• Businesses must have occupied commercial premises on 1 March 2021 with a NAV over £51,000.
• Business must have been awarded the 12 month rates holiday in 2020-21.
• Only one grant will be paid for businesses with multiple premises.
• Business in administration or with vacant properties cannot apply.
• Airports, food retailers, petrol filling stations and sports clubs are not eligible.
• Businesses that received or are entitled to receive the Department for the Economy’s Large Tourism and Hospitality Business Support Scheme are not eligible to apply.
Notes to Editors
• If a business previously received the £10k Small Business Support Grant or the £25k Retail, Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure Grant and the NAV of its premises on 1 March 2021 is over £51,000 as, the business is eligible to apply but their grant payment will be adjusted to ensure they do not receive more than the maximum of £50,000.
• Applications will be processed in line with the Financial Assistance (Coronavirus) (Large Business) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2021 No. 88.
More information at: https://www.finance-ni.gov.uk/news/applications-open-large-nav-business-grant-scheme-murphy