Sponsoring Agency: Offaly County Council
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/22/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
Offaly County Council has made funding available for business owners to improve the building facades of their properties. The aim of the scheme is to enhance the streetscape environment of towns and villages throughout County Offaly by encouraging and supporting owners of retail and commercial premises to improve their individual shopfronts.
It is intended that the scheme will result in a more attractive environment that residents, visitors, shoppers and businesses can enjoy. It is also envisaged that this scheme will assist in promoting all towns in Offaly (excluding Tullamore) as attractive places for social and business interaction thereby increasing the vitality and viability of those towns, with positive beneﬁts for all.
The maximum Grant permitted is 50% of costs (vat exclusive) with a maximum grant payment of €2,000.
Eligible works under the scheme include:
• Repair and reinstatement of all or any part of a shopfront ﬁxture that is visible from the street, including the ﬁrst and upper ﬂoors of premises (subject to the associated ground ﬂoor unit being in commercial use).
• Reinstatement of architectural or historic features that have formed part of the buildings’ design and character but may have been lost or damaged over time; please include old photographs where appropriate.
• Repainting of shopfronts – colour schemes should co-ordinate with adjoining shopfronts (as per the agreement of the Planning Authority) and upper ﬂoors of buildings should be painted to blend in appropriately with the shopfronts.
• Repair and reinstatement of guttering and down-pipes (to match historic materials where appropriate).
• Repainting and/or re-rendering of prominent elevations.
• Repair of external stonework and brickwork and replacement of stonework or brickwork which forms part of the stall riser of the shopfront.
• Removal of neon signs, banners or other inappropriate signage affixed to front elevations (or side elevations visible from the street) and replacement with signage in line with the Offaly County Development Plan standards.
• Permanent removal of external security shutters and installation of suitable replacements.
• Third party costs only will be considered. Should applicants wish to undertake work themselves a grant will be paid towards material costs only.
The Scheme is open for applications from businesses/retail premises in all towns and villages in Offaly, excluding Tullamore Town. Tullamore has a population >10,000 which excludes it from Town and Village Renewal funding.
More information at: https://www.localenterprise.ie/Offaly/News/Applications-Open-for-Shopfront-Enhancement-Grant-Scheme-2021.html