Sponsoring Agency: Australian Government
Type of Fund:
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/28/2021
Size of the Fund: More than $1 Million
The Manufacturing Translation Stream will support projects that aid the translation of high quality research and ideas into commercial outcomes and support businesses to scale-up and become more competitive and resilient. It will support businesses to adopt new technologies and improve their manufacturing processes to boost productivity and competitiveness.
Growing the defence industrial base is a key priority for the Australian Government. Australian manufacturers are in a prime position to take advantage of the increased domestic and global investments in Defence capabilities.
The opportunities that come from these investments will support manufacturers to:
• make up a greater share of the defence supply chain
• manufacture the components and capabilities required for Defence acquisition and sustainment projects
• diversify their customer base and enter new markets beyond the Australian Defence Force
• contribute to some of the world’s most advanced supply chains
• export to allies or likeminded countries.
• The grant amount will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project expenditure (grant percentage).
• The minimum grant amount is $1 million.
• The maximum grant amount is $20 million.
• We expect the average grant size to be about $4 million.
• All projects must be completed by 31 March 2024.
• To be eligible you must:
o have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
o be non-tax-exempt
o be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST)
• and be:
o an entity incorporated in Australia, including start-ups and a trading corporation, where your trading activities:
o form a sufficiently significant proportion of the corporation’s overall activities as to merit it being described as a trading corporation; or
o are a substantial and not merely peripheral activity of the corporation.
• Joint applications are acceptable, provided you have a lead organisation who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply.
• For clarity, there is no minimum threshold for an entity’s annual turnover or operating expenditure.
More information at: https://www.business.gov.au/grants-and-programs/modern-manufacturing-initiative-manufacturing-translation#defence