Sponsoring Agency: City of Hobart
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/31/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
The City of Hobart Business Adaptation an Assistance Quick Response Grant supports small businesses to overcome hardships that have come about as a result of COVID-19.
It recognises that in order for businesses to adapt to and recover from COVID-19, additional assistance and advice is often required from a range of services, consultants and advisors.
More specifically, the grant aims to support businesses and projects that, as a result of COVID-19:
• are changing their business model or direction, including preparing for fluctuations to trading are upskilling business owners and their employees to enable them to undertake a transition in operations or service
• need professional assistance outside their general business-as-usual
• are for a collaboration between multiple businesses on one large project.
Please note: This grant is not for professional-assistance work already completed / underway (retrospective) and a quote will be required as evidence as part of an application.
They are looking to support projects that:
• help businesses to overcome hardship that has come about as a result of COVID-19
• enable businesses to be adaptable in the face of the ongoing challenges of COVID-19
• strengthen business resilience in Hobart
• support the City in meeting its goals by aligning to the Capital City Strategic Plan 2019–29.
• Between $500 and $2000 plus GST is available per business for eligible projects.
• Approved projects will need to be delivered within 3 months of the application date and applications will need to provide a complete budget supported by quote(s) where applicable.
• Businesses located within the City of Hobart, being either:
• a business that has a permanent physical presence in the City of Hobart,
• not-for-profit organisations, incorporated associations and charities where trading activities are a substantial part of the organisation’s activities, or
• a current market stallholder that trades in a market that is regularly operating in the City of Hobart and, as a stallholder, regularly trades at that market.
• Must be a small business as defined as:
o employing fewer than 20 full time equivalent staff (FTEs) as at 29 February 2020.
• Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and is:
o registered in Tasmania
o registered for GST
o has been active since at least 29 February 2020
o is currently active.
• Has experienced, and is continuing to experience, a reduction in aggregated turnover.
• Providing goods/services within the City of Hobart municipal area.
• Only one application will be accepted from an individual ABN and only one financial beneficiary per grant round.
• Applications must be submitted from the business owner/manager/appropriate signatory and not a third party (i.e. an accountant).
More information at: https://www.hobartcity.com.au/Community/Grants-and-funding/Business-Grants