Sponsoring Agency: Town of Ashland
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/03/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
The Business Marketing Technical Assistance Grant focuses on an identified need- marketing support within the business community. The pandemic negatively affected businesses; leaving businesses with a depleted workforce, increases in cost with lack of sales, and changing business plans to accommodate new regulations. These impacts created restrictions on the amount of time a business owner can dedicate to marketing their businesses, at a time when maintaining revenues is crucial. This grant opportunity provides a much needed resource to help businesses survive during a very challenging time. Business owners will have an opportunity to work directly with marketing professionals to create, redesign or update their website, upload online point of sale tool to business websites, and focus on social media marketing strategies for direct marketing to consumers.
Through the Technical Assistance Grant, the communities of Ashland, Framingham and Natick are providing consultant services to assist businesses to improve their marketing efforts to increase sales.
• The grant provides consultant services up to $5,000 per award. The consortium communities reserve the right to reduce the amount of the award from the original request.
• The technical assistance provided is limited. The total funds available are $250,000. The grant team will fund as many qualifying projects as are possible from the funds available.
All businesses with located in Ashland, Framingham and Natick will be considered for this grant. This grant is open to all sectors in the small business community. All businesses under 50 employees will be eligible. Preference will be given to BIPOC, women, LGBTQIA+, or veteran-owned businesses, and those that have not already received CARES Act funds.
Use of Funds
• Technical assistance in the form of consultant services to address a specific issue in the categories listed in Section V will be assigned to each business. Consultants will be chosen by the grant team. A grantee business can expect its consultant to develop a specific scope of services that may include design, content writing, website design and implementation, social media guidance and collateral, and a strategic outline of next steps. The business owner and consultant must agree upon a final product resulting from the technical assistance. Business owners must agree to share the final results with the grant team through reports.
• The grant does not pay for staff salaries, software, or physical improvements. Please note that this grant will be paid by the Town of Ashland. Businesses will not be given any monies: payment will be sent directly from the Town of Ashland to the marketing team.
Applications will be accepted to address the following needs:
• Marketing Assistance
o Requests for assistance may address any aspect of digital marketing for the business, including but not limited to: branding, website updates or creation, social media guidance, point of sales creation or update.
• Website Design:
o Requests for assistance may address any design issues related to website design, including but not limited to: preliminary design guidelines, updating features, mobile ready platform.
• Social Media:
o Requests for assistance may address any social media issue related to marketing and increasing followers and generating leads, including but not limited to: a review of current social sites, adding sites that may help increase visibility, preparing a plan for social posts for consistency.
• Point of Sale Implementation:
o Requests for assistance may address any aspect of determining how to increase sales through a point of sale process on current or new websites, including but not limited to: a current upgrade or creation of point of sale for online sales.
It is the grant team’s intention to award one grant per business. If an insufficient number of grants are received in any of the categories, or application scores are significantly lower in one or more categories, the consortium reserves the right to adjust the awards as needed.
More information at: https://www.ashlandmass.com/831/Grant-Opportunities