Sponsoring Agency: Innovate UK
Type of Fund:
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/26/2021
Size of the Fund: More than $1 Million
UK registered businesses can apply for a share of up to £6 million to collaborate on market demonstrator projects showcasing the use and adoption of digital security by design technologies. This funding is from the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund.
ISCF will work with Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, to invest £6 million in innovation projects.
The aim of this competition is to develop demonstrators of a product or service in which capability enabled hardware will be used to provide a more secure solution.
‘Capability enabled hardware’ includes security features or safeguards that are built in the processor architecture and hardware system so that it becomes more secure in the face of a range of security vulnerabilities.
The objectives of the competition are to:
• develop market demonstrators showcasing the new security capability in a vertical industry segment(s) or in applications that may cut across several vertical industry segments
• enable innovators developing secure products or services to work alongside early technology providers
• widen the pool of technology and research providers in order to expand the impact of capability enabled hardware
Your project must:
• have total eligible costs between £1.5 million and £4 million
• start on or after 1 February 2022
• end by 31 January 2025
• last between 24 and 36 months
To lead a project your organisation must:
• be a UK registered business of any size
• collaborate with other UK registered businesses, research organisations, public sector organisations or charities
• carry out its project work in the UK
• intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
Research organisations cannot lead or work alone.
The lead organisation must show one of the following:
• that they operate in an industry sector requiring secure products or services
• evidence of a credible and recognisable influence that they have on the target market or markets
• that they can lead on a new market or sector
More information at: https://apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk/competition/865/overview