Sponsoring Agency: City of Boston
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/17/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
Do you need help with rental space, equipment or inventory purchases, payroll, business bonding and insurance, or operating capital? Apply now to see if your company is eligible for up to $15,000 in grant money.
The City of Boston is committed to working with diverse businesses, which is why we want to work with you. They're looking for diverse local businesses in:
• construction building and design
• professional and support services, and
• goods and supplies.
The City of Boston Contracting Opportunity Fund is valued at $750,000.
Its goal is to increase the quantity and availability of Certiﬁed Businesses, including those that are owned by:
• women (WBE)
• minorities (MBE)
• veterans (VOSB/SDVOSB), or
• certified Small and Local (SLBE) businesses.
Please note: There's still time to become a certified business within the City of Boston Equity and Inclusion Unit. They will award grants of up to $15,000 and city contracts starting in summer 2021.
To be eligible for funding, applicants must:
• Be an active for-profit business within the City of Boston
• Be in good standing with the City of Boston
• Commit to providing supporting documentation for grant expenditures
Applicants Must Meet All Of The Following Criteria To Be Considered For A Grant:
• CERTIFIED BUSINESS: Applicants must be a Certified Business with the City of Boston's Equity and Inclusion Unit. Please note that Certification is distinct from receipt of a business certificate from the City Clerk's office.
• INDUSTRY SECTORS IN CITY CONTRACTING: Applicants must be engaged in business sectors for which the City regularly contracts externally. These sectors primarily include, but are not limited to: Construction, Construction Design, Professional Services, Support Services, and Goods and Supplies.
• CAPACITY BUILDING PLAN: Applicants must demonstrate how grant funding will specifically be used for capacity building activities that increase their availability to compete for City contracts. These activities can include, but are not limited to: expanded rental or storage space, equipment and/or inventory purchases, payroll, business bonding and insurance, and operating capital.
More information at: https://www.boston.gov/departments/economic-development/boston-contracting-opportunity-fund