Sponsoring Agency: City of Pico Rivera
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/30/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
The City of Pico Rivera’s Business Grant Program offers one-time $10,000 grants to eligible businesses to help them create jobs, retain jobs, and offer quality services to the residents of Pico Rivera.
Grant funds may be used for overhead expenses, rent, utilities, business services such as web site development to increase capacity, necessary equipment to continue business operations, among others. Businesses are not expected to pay back grants.
The program is funded through a grant from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development as eligible under Sections 105(a) 17 of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974.
Eligible Use of Funds
Awarded funds are intended to help businesses retain staff and continue to provide quality services to the residents of Pico Rivera. Use of funds is at the business owner’s discretion. Below are some examples of eligible activities, please note this list is not meant to exhaustive.
• Overhead expenses
• Rent and utilities
• Business services (web site development, etc.) to increase capacity to carryout business activities
• Labor expense (excluding the owner), business inventory and supplies
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
• Capital or equipment purchases necessary for the business operation, excluding vehicles.
To be eligible, businesses must meet all requirements for the program.
This is a competitive grant and eligibility does not guarantee award of funds.
Eligibility requirements are outlined below:
• Business must be physically located within Pico Rivera City limits
• Business has a current business license, in good standing in the City of Pico Rivera
• Business must employ approximately 20 or less employees, including the owner(s)
• Business has been operational at least six (6) months
• Business does not have existing municipal code violations
• Business must disclose whether it has received COVID-19 relief funding from the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL), the County of Los Angeles, the State of California, or the City of Pico Rivera. If a business received federal, state, county, or private funding, it is still eligible to receive City grant funds. However, businesses must not have been a grant recipient from the City of Pico Rivera in the last 24 months.
• Business has or will obtain a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) Number. Staff from Avant-Garde may assist in obtaining this.
• Meet one of the following criteria below:
o The service activity of the business is primarily residential, where at least 51 percent of the residents are LMI persons, and the business’ services meet the needs of the service area residents. If the commercial district is composed of stores and businesses that serve local customers that meet the LMI then it qualifies OR
o Currently employ and retain or will create at least 51% full-time equivalent positions with low-and moderate-income (LMI) persons or in the case of staff turnover, have the identified position filled by LMI person (see details below) and demonstrate that without grant assistance the job would be lost
More information at: https://www.pico-rivera.org/depts/ced/emergency/covid_19/small_business_grants.asp