Sponsoring Agency: Southwest Colorado Disaster Assistance
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/07/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
Montezuma County has CARES Act funds to help local businesses that have experienced business disruption due to COVID-19.
Grants up to $10,000 are available.
Montezuma County will consider proposals from for-profit and non-profit businesses including 501c6 and 501c3 organizations, and home-based businesses that meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Business/organization must be located within Montezuma County.
• The business/organization must still be in business.
• Requests must not duplicate funding already received for this purpose from other COVID-19 related grants or relief programs including, but not limited to, PPP and EIDL loans.
• All requests will be asked to provide receipts and/or financial documentation to demonstrate need.
Eligible Funding Requests
• Reimbursement of any COVID-19 related expenses that have already occurred in 2020 and 2021 including masks, sanitizer, plexiglass, signage, technology needs, or other costs incurred to accommodate social distancing and public health requirements. Receipts are required to verify amount.
• Funds may be used for expenses needed to meet public health and social distancing requirements (PPE equipment, technology, and signage) in 2021. Please provide quotes or specific pricing information. If approved, the County will make payment after all receipts are received.
• Funds may be used to help meet anticipated needs to remain open through the end of the 2021 year this may include heaters for restaurants so they can utilize outdoor space, tents, rent, utilities, and personnel.
Please provide quotes or evidence of current rent, and salary costs. pricing information. If approved, Region 9 will make payment after all receipts are received.
• All funding is subject to review, audit, and final determination by the Department of Treasury. Any funds spent that are not in compliance with their requirements must be returned to Montezuma County. For additional information to clarify eligible expenditures, please visit https:/cdola.colorado.gov/cvrf.
• Marijuana businesses and liquor stores
• Businesses that are already permanently closed
• All businesses that receive funding will also receive a 1-year membership to their community Chamber (or a 1-year extension to their current membership).
• If funding request is granted and not used for the purpose in the proposal, funds must be returned to Montezuma County within 30 days of notification from Region 9.
More information at: https://www.swcoda.org/montezuma-business-relief-fund