Sponsoring Agency: Aberdeen City Council
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/10/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
Aberdeen City Council is seeking applications for its COVID-19 Discretionary Business Fund to mitigate the short-term financial challenges experienced by businesses adversely impacted by restrictions and regulations introduced since October 2020 to control the spread of COVID-19.
The Fund enables individual local authorities to direct additional financial support to specific groups, sectors or businesses within their local area who are experiencing immediate financial challenges as a result of current restrictions and regulations and that have received limited direct financial support from the Scottish Government.
The priority for these grants is local small, medium and micro businesses (i.e. those with fewer than 250 employees). SCIOs, charitable organisations and social enterprises are eligible, where they have a trading aspect to their organisation that has been adversely impacted by Covid-19 restrictions. Please note donations and collections are not considered ‘trading’.
These grants are for support in respect to losses occurred to date, they are not intended for start-up/restart activity.
• Individuals: (sole traders, partnerships or Limited Company with no employees other than other Directors, partners or a spouse as employee) one off grants of £2,500
• Micro Business: (2-9 employees not including directors, partners or spouses) One off grants of £5,000
• Small Business (10 to 49 employees) One off grants £10,000
• Medium Business (50 -250 employees) One off grants £15,000
• New Business: business that have been operating less than 12 months / unable to demonstrate losses in comparison to 2020/21 financial year One of grants of £2,500
Please note this is a single payment per business. Businesses with multiple premises will only be eligible for one payment. This fund will be issued on a first come first served basis.
• Saw their trading income significantly impacted by COVID-19, in comparison to the previous year’s trading by at least 30% of previous year’s income
• Be based or headquartered as a business within the Aberdeen City boundary
• Have a business bank account. For sole traders and the self-employed, personal bank accounts are acceptable as long as statements can be provided that show transactions directly related to the business
• Be able to demonstrate active trading in the run up to March 2020*
• Be registered as a business before March 23rd 2020*
* This criteria does not apply to those applying as a ‘new business’, to be eligible for new business support you must have begun trading in 2020.
More information at: https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-19-discretionary-business-fund