Derby City Council is now accepting applications from businesses for a new grant scheme.
Sponsoring Agency: Derby City Council
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/04/2021
Size of the Fund: Not Available
Derby City Council is now welcoming applications from businesses for a new grant scheme.
The Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) which has been in operation to provide for businesses not eligible for the main Local Restrictions Support Grant.
Final applications to be considered for the grant before the closure should be made through the Business financial Support pages of the Council. Please note that those that have already applied to the scheme should not submit further applications as your eligibility for support has already been considered.
Grants are available to businesses within the non-essential retail, hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym sectors.
Who can apply?
• Businesses can apply where they have been severely impacted by national lockdown restrictions imposed by the government from 5 January 2021.
• Your business must also:
o have been trading on 4 January 2021
o not be in administration, insolvent, or have a striking off notice made against it.
o not be in receipt or eligible for an award from the Local Restrictions Support Grant for Closed Businesses scheme that is supporting eligible businesses during the current lockdown
o have a high level of ongoing fixed business costs
o be based in Derby City
o be able to confirm its eligibility under the scheme conditions and state aid regulations
How does it work?
• Most businesses who have previously applied for and received a related business support grant from Derby City Council will, providing they meet all the eligibility criteria and satisfy any pre-payment checks, receive payment without needing to reapply.
• Businesses who have not previously claimed a related business support grant or businesses that have previously applied but it is not clear what size of grant they may be entitled to will need to submit an application form to claim a Restart Grant.
• You only need your telephone number and email address to create an account and the registration process only takes a couple of minutes to complete.
• Those that have already registered will simply need to log in using their existing email address & password.
More information at: https://www.derby.gov.uk/news/2021/april/grants-scheme-to-close-next-week/