Sponsoring Agency: Downtown Halifax Business Commission
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/21/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
The Downtown Halifax Business Commission (DHBC) is launching the new Get Ready for Summer Grant program.
The grant is available to businesses that are categorized as retail, food and beverage, personal care, retail services, attractions, and accommodations.
Businesses looking to spruce up their storefront or patio for the summer can use the grant for anything that improves their exterior, including:
• Patio enhancements and furnishings
• Professional power-washing
• Labour for any of the above
Businesses should focus on exterior projects that face the street or sidewalk and enhance the pedestrian experience. Interior improvements or improvements to the back of a building, alleyway, or interior are not eligible for the grant.
• This grant program will subsidize the cost of freshening up businesses’ storefronts and patios for the summer with a maximum grant of $500.00, including tax, per business.
• Grants are a one-time-only grant to assist businesses and organizations during the 2021 summer season.
To be eligible for the grant, businesses or organizations must be a member of Downtown Halifax Business Commission (DHBC), located in DHBC’s catchment area, and are either a retail, food and beverage, personal care, retail services, attractions, or accommodation-type business. Organizations with more than one business can apply for each business individually.
More information at: https://downtownhalifax.ca/getreadyforsummer