Sponsoring Agency: Hartlepool Borough Council
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/06/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
The Hartlepool Borough Council is seeking applications for its Additional Restrictions Grant to support the wider business community affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Please note: These are NOT new strands of support and as such businesses already in receipt of an Additional Restrictions Grant should NOT re-apply.
The re-opened strands are:
Strand 1 – Support for non-rateable in-person businesses
This grant is to support in-person businesses mandated to close (or substantially close) but which operate from a property where the person/business is not the ratepayer e.g. operating from a shared space or out of the home. This could include, for example:
• Hairdressers, nail or beauty services
• Physio/therapeutic massage
• Yoga/fitness/sports coaching
• Music tuition
• In-person photography
Eligible businesses will be paid a grant consistent with that paid under the Local Restrictions Support Grant (open) scheme. Payment will be:
• £467 per 14-day period of restrictions
• £93.40 per 14-day period of restrictions for market traders
Strand 2 – Support for businesses which supply retail, hospitality, accommodation and leisure and whose business is affected
This element covers those businesses that are components of the supply chain for the retail, hospitality, accommodation and leisure sectors. Businesses will be required to certify that a significant element of their business is to supply this sector and so has been detrimentally impacted by their closure.
Eligible businesses operating from rateable property may include;
• Food and grocery suppliers to retail, hospitality, accommodation and leisure businesses
• Service supply companies to retail, hospitality, accommodation and leisure businesses, for example;
• Laundry providers;
• Commercial window cleaners;
• Transport companies such as taxi and coach companies;
• Trades services; and
• Marketing, consultancy and design companies.
Eligible businesses will be paid a grant consistent with that paid under the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Open) scheme. Payment will be:
• A rateable value of £15,000 or below a payment of £467 per 14 day period of restrictions
• A rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 a payment of £700 per 14 day period of restrictions
• A rateable value of £51,000 and above a payment of £1,050 per 14 day period of restrictions
Strand 5 – Support for retail remaining open but impacted by reduced footfall (only businesses with an RV of less than £51,000)
This element covers small retail businesses open and trading during the national restrictions period commencing January 5th 2021, which experienced reduced turnover due to decreased footfall.
Eligible businesses operating from a rateable property may include;
• Small food retailers
• Day-time takeaway services such as sandwich shops
The following retail businesses are excluded from this scheme;
• Evening/night-time takeaway premises
Payment will be made for the period of national restrictions commencing on January 5th 2021. This payment is the equivalent of 50% of the Closed Business Lockdown Payment up to the lower RV threshold.
• A rateable value of £15,000 or below a one-off payment of £2,000
• A rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 a one-off payment of £2,000
Strand 8 – Impacted home-based businesses not in receipt of any other grant payment (via local or national government)
This final element is to support any home-based business that has been impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic but is not eligible for any local authority-administered grant and has not been in receipt of the government's Self Employment Income Support Scheme.
Payment will be £2,000 for the period of national restrictions that commenced on January 5th 2021.
Businesses applying under this scheme will need to provide additional information to confirm they meet the criteria of this strand.
More information at: https://www.hartlepool.gov.uk/info/20003/business/1034/financial_assistance_for_businesses_adversely_affected_by_covid-19/1