Sponsoring Agency: IFC
Type of Fund: Challenges, Competitions or Prizes
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/26/2021
Size of the Fund: Not Available
IFC is calling on the public to develop digital/technology-based solutions for the food industry. You may be a business operator involved in the primary processing, production, or storage of food products; a broker or trader; a transport or distribution company; a retailer or catering establishment; an academic institution or student; a government agency; or simply a person with a fantastic idea. Regardless of your affiliation, all ideas are encouraged and welcomed.
IFC Food Safety program recognizes that the process of establishing or improving food safety systems is necessary and can save economies worldwide millions of dollars.
Therefore IFC calls on the public, food companies, and all innovators to develop digital/technology-based solutions for the food industry to trace food products, monitor processes and improve data analysis.
The IFC Food Safety Challenge recognizes that food safety improvements are necessary and can save economies worldwide millions of dollars. Specifically, focus is on continuously innovating and finding ways to trace and trail the food journey, better monitoring processes, and analyzing data efficiently to make the right decisions.
IFC is looking for digital solutions to improve operations within the following areas continuously:
• System monitoring
• Data analysis
What's In It For You?
Through your submission of a solution to this Challenge, you/your organization can benefit from:
• Potential to advance the state-of-the-art in Food Safety
• Potential to receive funding for rapid prototyping and prospective further development of your solution
• Potential contract or agreement and continuing business partnerships
• Potential for official recognition for you and your company, if selected, through publication on internal and external IFC communication channels
• Potential opportunity to collaborate and work with industry and the government to positively impact Food Safety, ultimately creating a more resilient food system
• Potential to present at the 9th International Food Safety Forum in May 2021
• The winner will receive the title and prize for the "Food Safety Top Innovator 2021"
The winner will also receive:
• year of mentorship and coaching
• Publicity on IFC’s social media channels
Who will benefit?
Food Safety is defined as the assurance that food will not cause harm to the consumer when it is prepared and/or eaten according to its intended use. Therefore, the entire population of Africa will benefit from improved food safety. Specifically,
• Food traceability will help food companies and regulators to trace and track suspect product from the point of origin, stopping and addressing problems before consumption occurs.
• Monitoring food safety management systems will mitigate food safety risks and improve the performance of systems across the value chain.
• Comprehensive and swift data analysis will provide food businesses with information that will influence strategy formulation and improve processes.
Do you have a potentially game-changing solution to provide the food safety industry? Travel the path to learn more about what Pitch @IFC is looking for.
• Proof of Concept is demonstrable, or innovator has experience with a successful pilot in Africa.
• Commercial Focus on farmers, producers, logistics companies, manufacturers, retailers, hotels, and restaurants.
• Disruptive in Nature to create a new market or change the rules of the games by introducing technology or a combination of products.
• Flexible and Inclusive Business Models with high impact in emerging African markets.
• Innovators should show strong leadership and established credibility.
• The competition is open to everyone. Participation is encouraged from eligible individuals with the drive to innovate regardless of their occupation.
• The Applicant's project proposal can be any new, original innovation, product, technology, or service that can provide solutions to farmers, producers, logistics companies, manufacturers, retailers, hotels, and restaurants to track food through all or specific stages of production, processing, and distribution.
• Only one submission per contestant is allowed.
More information at: https://www.foodsafety.network/pitchifc