Sponsoring Agency: Innovate UK
Type of Fund: Research and Development
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/28/2021
Size of the Fund: More than $1 Million
UK registered businesses can apply for a share of up to £46.8 million for collaborative research and development or technology projects in quantum.
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £46.8 million in innovation projects.
The aim of this competition is to advance the commercialisation of quantum technologies in the UK and increase private sector investment.
Your proposal must exploit second generation quantum techniques.
These are defined as those involving the generation and coherent control of quantum states, resulting in phenomena such as superposition or entanglement. Technologies involving single photon generation and quantum computing are regarded as being within scope.
You must address one of two options:
• Option 1: Collaborative Research & Development (CR&D)
o Identify a clear market opportunity for a quantum product or service and an innovative project which exploits it.
• Option 2: Technologies
o Describe a technological barrier to the commercial or industrial exploitation of quantum technologies in the UK and deliver a solution.
They encourage applications that:
• focus on maximising UK return from the quantum technology research undertaken by the UK academic base
• bring significant new investment and businesses into the UK’s growing quantum technologies sector
Your project’s total eligible costs must be between £2 million and £20 million. The total grant requested must be below £10 million.
Your Project must:
• start by 1 April 2022
• end by 31 March 2025
• have a duration of 24 to 36 months
To lead a project your organisation must:
• be a UK registered business of any size
• collaborate with other UK registered businesses, research organisations, public sector organisations or charities
• involve an SME
• carry out its project work in the UK
• intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
• To collaborate with the lead, your organisation must:
o be a UK registered business, academic institution, charity, not-for-profit, public sector organisation or research and technology organisation (RTO)
o carry out its project work in the UK
o intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
• The lead and at least one other organisation must claim funding by entering their costs during the application.
• Each partner organisation must be invited into the Innovation Funding Service by the lead to collaborate on a project. Once accepted, partners will be asked to login or to create an account and enter their own project costs into the Innovation Funding Service.
• Your project can include partners that do not receive any of this competition’s funding, for example non-UK businesses. Their costs will count towards the total eligible project costs.
More information at: https://apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk/competition/868/overview