Sponsoring Agency: UN Habitat
Type of Fund:
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/10/2021
Size of the Fund: USD $50,000 to $500,000
UN-Habitat is inviting applicants for a program entitled ‘Building Resilience Amid COVID-19 through Business and Vocational Trainings and Supporting Kalobeyei Community Centre for a Strengthened Conflict-Resolution Strategy for Refugee-Host Community Integration in Kalobeyei’.
The purpose of this call is to impart vocational and business skills among women and youth with the objective to promote their livelihoods and in turn build their resilience amid COVID-19. It also aims to support maintenance activities and promote sustainable infrastructure solutions at Kalobeyei Community Centre to promote host-refugee community integration.
Promoting integration of host and refugee communities is a part of UN-Habitat’s engagement in planning the development of Kalobeyei settlement. To this regard, an implementation partner is sought to support maintenance activities at Kalobeyei Community Centre and to implement business and vocational trainings geared at building COVID-19 resilience and strengthening host-refugee integration.
• Size of grant: 150,000 US$
• Estimated duration of project: 12 months
Main activities and Outputs
The primary components of this project include:
• Conducting business and vocational training to women and youth
• Implement construction of an underground water tank/storage facility
• Implementation of maintenance activities at the Kalobeyei Community Centre.
The implementing partner will undertake main activities as follows, but not limited to:
• Plan and prepare business and vocational training content targeting host and refugee community trainees.
• Implement a two-month business and vocational training targeting host and refugee community women and youth.
• Conduct follow-up engagement workshops to ensure that the trainees are able to use the skills to improve their livelihoods through establishment or enhancement of business and service provision.
• Prepare and implement strategies to ensure sustainability of initiatives implemented by the host and refugee community trainees.
• Prepare detailed workshop and engagement reports from the vocational training activities and follow up sessions.
• Carry out a detailed assessment of the state of facilities and structures at the Kalobeyei Community Centre.
• Implement priority repairs to promote access and inclusivity to services amid COVID-19 outbreak.
• Prepare a detailed report detailing the assessment and priority repairs.
• Work closely with UN-Habitat to design and implement an underground water storage facility, to bridge the water demand gap and to promote compliance with set COVID-19 regulations.
• Ensure close collaboration with UN-Habitat office to align the implementation process with UN-Habitat approaches and to facilitate community participation in all aspects of the project.
• Plan and prepare training with host and refugee community members on the management of the underground water storage facility.
• Prepare a detailed report detailing the design and implementation process of the underground water storage facility.
• Provide logistical support necessary to implement the project.
• Town/City: Kalobeyei
• Country: Kenya
• Certificate of registration/incorporation i.e.
• Proof of registration in Country of Origin.
• Proof of registration of Country of operation
• Proof of country operational presence
Organization profile and details
• Clear organization profile and structure of the organization indicating:
o Organization’s vision, mission and objectives
o Management structure
o Members of the Governing Board and their Designations duly certified by the Corporate Secretary, or its equivalent document
o Proof of membership to professional associations if any.
• Provide a certified copy of the organization’s constitution or by-laws.
• Evidence of experience working in refugee settlements such as Kalobeyei
• Provide copies of project monitoring policies and procedures
• Provide copies of procurement policies and procedures
• Description and key features and controls of the accounting system used
• Provide location and list of office facilities, vehicles and office equipment locally available to implement the project
• Audited company financial statements (balance sheet and income statement) and auditors report for the last two years (certified).
Exclusive bank account
• Is the organization willing and able to have a separate bank account for the funds provided by UN-Habitat?
Integrity and Governance
• The organization should complete and submit a signed Partner Declaration Form
• Provide the profiles of the key management, technical, key finance and accounting staff that will be involved on the project
More information at: https://unhabitat.org/Building%20Resilience%20Amid%20COVID-19%20through%20Business%20and%20Vocational%20Trainings%20and%20Supporting%20Kalobeyei%20Community%20Centre