The second annual KPMG Private Enterprise Tech Innovator competition is now open for applications to recognize Africa’s leading tech Innovators and future tech titans.
Sponsoring Agency: KPMG Private Enterprise
Type of Fund: Competition
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/31/2022
Size of the Fund: Not Available
The second annual KPMG Private Enterprise Tech Innovator competition is now open to recognize Africa’s leading tech Innovators and future tech titans.
At KPMG Private Enterprise they understand the impact that technology trailblazers like you are having on the world. Whether yours is a pure technology company or you’re tech-enabled. tech-led or tech-driven. they want to hear from you.
They are inviting you to compete with technology entrepreneurs across Africa, and in 21 other countries in most major regions of the world. You’ll pitch your innovations and present your growth ambitions to a panel of industry experts.
Wherever you are in your business lifecycle – from early-stage growth to getting ready to accelerate your expansion – their aim is to help you achieve your ambition and take your business 10 the next level.
Finalists will receive an unrivalled platform to profile your business
- Exposure: pitch your innovations and present your growth ambitions. Winning companies will be featured in KPMG’s “Winners Report”, media profiles and at Web Summit 2022
- Recognition: profile your business throughout the competition, leveraging KPMG channels and both local and global media.
- Networking: connect with like-minded peers, key industry experts and influencers both locally and globally.
What makes a winner?
- Applicants are typically technology entrepreneurs who are successfully making the transition from the startup phase to the next stage in the growth of their businesses. They have developed innovative, proven technologies, established robust business models, demonstrated traction and have the potential to scale up globally.
To be eligible for the competition, you must:
- Be a registered company in Africa where the African final is being held
- Have been actively operating for 5 years or less (in the current form)
- Generate revenue between US $1 million and $15 million; or have raised at least US $500,000 in equity
- Be either a pure technology or a tech-enabled, tech-driven or tech-led business
- Not be majority owned by a large corporate
- Conduct all pitches in English
- Be available to pitch at a country or regional semi-final event in the timeline outlined by the country of origin (if applicable)
- Available to pitch virtually at a country or regional final event in the timeline outlined by the country of origin
- If selected as a finalist, be available to pitch at the global final at Web Summit in Lisbon, Portugal in November 2022
What are they looking for?
Each pitching competition will be judged by a panel of industry experts. All applications will be scored based on six, equally-weighted criteria:
- Disruption and innovation
- Market potential
- Customer adoption
- Market traction and marketing
- Long-term potential
- Pitch quality
More information at: https://home.kpmg/ng/en/home/insights/2022/05/kpmg-private-enterprise-global-tech-innovator-in-nigeria.html
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo DR, Congo-Brazzaville, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Business, Science and Technology, Startups