Sponsoring Agency: Garrett County Government
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/30/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
Garrett County Government has secured grant funds from the Maryland Department of Commerce to be used to provide grants to certain accommodations providers to promote and encourage stabilization within the hospitality industry in the State. Garrett County businesses have been earmarked to receive approximately $47,000 of these funds.
Grant applications will be prioritized to businesses that have not already received funding through the Maryland Department of Commerce Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Relief Grant or Loan Funds, the Maryland Economic Development Assistance Authority and Fund (MEDAAF), and/or Garrett County’s Hotel Relief Grant.
Approved applicants may receive up to $10,000 in grant funding.
Eligible Fund Uses
• Normal operating expenses, such as rent, payroll, utilities, job training, taxes, debt service, or similar costs
• Purchase or reimbursement of PPE, sanitization services, or other COVID-19-related costs
To be eligible for a grant under this program, an applicant must:
• Be primarily engaged in activities that, in accordance with the North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS), would be included in one of the following NAICS code categories:
o NAICS 722110: Hotels (except casino hotels) and Motels
o NAICS 721191: Bed and Breakfast Inns
• Be a for-profit business with a physical location in Garrett County;
• Demonstrate a reduction in year-over-year net revenue of at least ten percent (10%) for the period of March 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020 when compared to net revenue for the period of March 1, 2019 through December 31, 2019
• Have been established and operating prior to March 1, 2020;
• Be currently in operation and plan to remain in operation;
• Be in good standing with Garrett County Government and the State of Maryland with NO outstanding taxes, fees, or other charges;
• Be registered to conduct business within the State of Maryland with the Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation, if required by law; AND
• Have a current Garrett County Business License, if required by law.
More information at: http://www.gcedonline.com/covid-19/grants-loans-and-tax-credits/county-programs