Sponsoring Agency: Luton Council
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/31/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
Luton has developed this discretionary grant scheme to help those businesses who:
• are unable to access funding through the Local Restrictions Support Grants or Business Restart Grant
• have been severely impacted by the restrictions put in place to control the spread of Covid-19
The first two tranches were focussed on businesses:
• which supply the retail, hospitality, travel and leisure sectors
• in the events and aviation sector
But the scheme has now been broadened to support all businesses below 250 employees, in any setting.
The scheme will also help businesses outside the business rates system, such as taxi/private hire drivers which have been severely impacted by the restrictions put in place.
What grant is available?
• To simplify administration, the grants have been split into three levels. For those businesses most impacted a £9,000 award will be given, with those businesses lesser impacted being given £6,000 and finally those with a minor impact £4,000. These are one off payments.
• Licensed taxi and private hire drivers will be able to apply for a one off grant payment of £1,500.
Who is eligible?
Businesses must have been trading on 1 April 2021.
These grants are primarily and predominantly but not exclusively aimed at:
• all businesses below 250 employees in any setting
• businesses that are severely impacted by the restrictions put in place or businesses which are legally forced to close
• operating from a premise within Luton on 1 April 2021 or
• licensed taxi and private hire drivers who on the 1 April 2021 held a valid taxi or private hire drivers licence issued by Luton Council
• approved driving instruictors
• other businesses such as nurseries and seasonal business impacted by the restrictions
More information at: https://m.luton.gov.uk/Page/Show/Health_and_social_care/coronavirus/business/Pages/additional-restrictions-grant.aspx