Sponsoring Agency: MEST
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/29/2021
Size of the Fund: Not Available
Applications are open for the MEST Training Program. MEST offers 12-month graduate-level training to aspiring entrepreneurs across the African continent.
The entrepreneurial training program in business, communications and software development includes extensive hands-on project work, culminating in a final pitch and the chance to receive seed investment and grow businesses.
Since inception in 2008, MEST has invested over $22m in training over 350 individual entrepreneurs and funded 60+ software companies across Africa. MEST entrepreneurs have developed solutions addressing local, regional and global markets, received follow-on funding from global investors, and gotten into top accelerator programs such as Y-combinator, 500 startups and TechStars.
As COVID-19 has changed the way organizations operate around the world, causing travel restrictions and moving many workplaces to adopt digital solutions, the Training Program for 2022 will focus on entrepreneurs who live in Ghana and Nigeria.
• Program starts: 1st September 2021
• Program ends: 31st August 2022
• Building Sustainable Teams
• Market Research
• Product Development and Innovation
• Revenue and Business Modeling
• Branding and Communications
• Marketing and Growth Hacking
• Financial Management and Investments
• Legal and Regulatory Compliance
• Metrics and Measurements
• Sales and Traction (achieving product/market fit)
• Preparing for investments
• A degree from a top university or Technical College or equivalent experience with at least two (2) years corporate and startup experience (preferred)
• Deep skills in either communications, business or software development (from the onset or acquired during the Pre-Learning stage)
• Young persons crazy about tech and entrepreneurship, and how to use technology to achieve business results
• Should be ready to commit to a full residential program for a whole year
• Disciplined, motivated self-starter who can work and deliver on assignments and projects – demonstrate this by completing the required Pre-Learning courses and MEST’s rigorous recruitment process
• An entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to start a company
• Ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
• Ability to work well in teams, proven academic or professional excellence
• Demonstrated leadership abilities
• Confident and independent thinking
• Excellent people skills
The MEST Training Program is fully-sponsored and requires no financial payments to MEST. This is a full-time program that requires you to be available to attend all classes and sessions.
More information at: https://mest.submittable.com/submit