Sponsoring Agency: ASTech Foundation
Type of Fund: Challenges, Competitions or Prizes
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/31/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
Do you know an individual, team or company inspiring innovation in Alberta, paving the way for leaders of tomorrow or developing amazing products or research? Bring their work to the forefront of Alberta’s innovation community and help them receive the recognition their hard work deserves. NOMINATE them for a 2021 ASTech Award!
Celebrating Alberta-grown success proves that turning an idea into a worldwide commercial success is possible in Alberta. The ASTech Awards build on important recognition of success in the innovation ecosystem in Alberta.
Award Categories for 2021
• Outstanding Achievement in Digital Innovation Sponsored by RSM Canada – This award honours leadership and significant contribution through the discovery, application and/or implementation of technology products or processes. Nominees can be either an individual, team, or organization. The winner of this award will receive $5,000 in accounting, tax and consulting services from RSM Canada.
• Outstanding Achievement in Energy and Environmental Innovation sponsored by Syncrude Canada Ltd. – This award honours work leading to innovations in the energy sector that advance the science or technology and have a positive environmental impact. Nominees can be either an individual or team working in academia, industry, or government.
• Outstanding Change Maker – This award honours leadership potential in science, technology, engineering and math teaching, research, entrepreneurship or a technology-based business. Nominees must be under the age of 40 and exemplify qualities which are expected to make him/her a future leader in Alberta’s innovation community.
• Outstanding Woman in Innovation – This award honours leadership and significant contribution to a science, engineering or mathematics (STEM) innovation or breakthrough through research or entrepreneurial activity by an individual female or team.
• Researcher of the Year sponsored by Innovate Calgary – This award honours leadership and significant contributions to science, engineering, mathematics or technology (STEM) research, innovation or breakthrough by an individual or team. The winner of this award will receive in-kind services valued at $5,000 from Innovate Calgary, including workshops and consulting. If the Winner is a Life Sciences researcher, the award includes a lifetime membership to the Life Sciences Hub. Other services valid for one year from date of issue.
• Innovator of the Year sponsored by Bennett Jones LLP – This is an award open to an individual who has demonstrated outstanding leadership in the innovation ecosystem by leveraging new thinking, new solutions and a new path to create global impact in a science or technology-driven sector. The winner will receive $5,000 in legal consulting services relating to incorporation, corporate structure, intellectual property protection, commercialization and enforcement, including portfolio management, licensing strategy and advice.
Please note, a nomination for the same individual or team describing the same achievement may stand for nomination a maximum of two consecutive years. In the third year, either:
• the individual/group must take one year off prior to re-nomination for the same achievement; OR
• the individual/group must demonstrate a significantly different or new achievement.
More information at: https://www.astech.ca/awards