Sponsoring Agency: Northumberland County Council
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/30/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
The Business Resilience Grant is aimed at businesses which have commercial premises with a rateable value within the Northumberland County Council's business rates system, which have remained open but have been severely impacted by local and national restrictions, including, but not exclusively, through reductions in footfall and customer numbers, trading restrictions or supply chain disruption.
On 22 March, the Business Resilience Grant is being extended to include certain mobile and home-based businesses, which have been impacted by local and national restrictions, have not already received Local Restriction Support Grants or Additional Restriction Grants and continue to have on-going fixed costs.
A finite level of funding is available for the Business Resilience Grant therefore the scheme will have a review point and may close earlier than the advertised date if demand is high.
The grant is a one-off payment and will be made based on the Rateable Value (RV) of the business premises.
For home-based and mobile businesses, the grant value will be made based on the level of evidenced fixed non-domestic running costs integral to the running of the business.
The below values may change if there is high demand for the scheme:
Rateable value and Grant
• Home-based & Mobile businesses – fixed running costs above £100 and under £200 per month: £1,000.00
• Home-based & Mobile businesses – fixed running costs £200 and above per month: £2,500.00
• £15,000 or under: £2,500.00
• £15,001 – £50,999: £5,000.00
• £51,000 or over : £10,000.00
To qualify for the grant, all businesses must satisfy all of the following criteria:
• Based in Northumberland
• Have premises with a rateable value within Northumberland County Council’s business rates system* (except in the case of eligible home-based businesses)
• Demonstrate a minimum of £200 per month (£2,400 per annum) of commercial, on-going fixed property costs* (except in the case of eligible home-based businesses)
• All businesses must demonstrate they were severely impacted by local and / or national restrictions
• All business must demonstrate they were trading on 18 September 2020
• Have not received a Local Restrictions Support Grant or Additional Restrictions Grant whether Open or Closed
• Are not eligible for a grant under the Local Restrictions Support Grant or Additional Restrictions Grants whether Open or Closed
• Businesses that were in administration, are insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made are not eligible for funding under this scheme.
• Businesses that, were they to receive grant payments under this scheme, breach State Aid or Subsidy Control rules are not eligible for funding under this scheme.
Home-based and mobile businesses must also satisfy the following criteria:
• Home-based and mobile businesses must be able to demonstrate on-going fixed non-domestic costs integral to the running of their business
• Businesses must operate within the hospitality, accommodation and leisure sectors or its supply chain or provide in-person face-to-face services which have been impacted by Covid19 restrictions
• Driving Instructors must be Approved Driving Instructors, registered with the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA)
• The business must provide the majority of the applicant's income
More information at: https://www.northumberland.gov.uk/coronavirus/Support-for-Businesses-coronavirus/COVID-19-business-support-grants.aspx#six