Sponsoring Agency: Garrett County Government
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/30/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
Garrett County Government has secured grant funds from the Maryland Economic Development Assistance Authority and Fund (MEDAAF) to be used to provide grants to businesses that have incurred expenses to establish or expand online sales and/or telework assistance during COVID (after March 1, 2020).
Grant applications will be prioritized to businesses that have not already received funding through the Maryland Department of Commerce Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Relief Grant or Loan Funds, the Maryland Economic Development Assistance Authority and Fund (MEDAAF), Garrett County's Hotel Relief Grant, and/or Garrett County’s Restaurant Relief Grant.
Garrett County businesses have been earmarked to receive approximately $2,300 of these funds.
• Approved applicants may receive up to $500 in grant funding.
Approved applicants will receive an IRS Form 1099-G, which will detail the grant award, from the Board of County Commissioners for Garrett County, Maryland at the end of calendar year 2021.
Eligible Fund Uses
Reimbursement of expenses incurred to establish or expand online sales and/or employee telework during COVID between March 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021 to include:
• Information technology upgrades to support online sales framework and
• Hardware, software, and subscriptions to facilitate employee telework
To be eligible for a grant under this program, an applicant must:
• Be a for-profit business with a physical location in Garrett County;
• Have incurred expenses to establish or expand online sales and/or employee telework during the period of March 1, 2020 through March 31, 2021;
• Have been established and in operation prior to March 9, 2020;
• Be currently in operation;
• Have 20 or fewer employees, excluding the owner;
• Be in good standing with Garrett County Government and the State of Maryland with NO outstanding taxes, fees, or other charges;
• Be registered to conduct business within the State of Maryland with the Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation, if required by law; AND
• Have a current Garrett County Business License, if required by law.
More information at: http://www.gcedonline.com/covid-19/grants-loans-and-tax-credits/county-programs