Sponsoring Agency: Orange County’s Economic Development Department
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 06/30/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
The purpose of the Orange County Business Investment Grant Program is to stimulate successful non-farm Business Investment development and expansion in Orange County.
By making economic development grant funds available, the County will be growing its entrepreneurial ecosystem, supporting existing Business Investment and early-stage venture growth, in order to increase jobs, opportunities and grow the commercial tax base in Orange County.
Businesses receiving funding through this program will be encouraged to be good corporate citizens and encouraged to employ Orange County residents.
The program will provide two types of grants:
Small Grants: Up to $1,500.00
• Use of Funds – Priority will be given to ventures demonstrating a clear need for grant funds to grow their business, hire additional staff, grow the commercial tax base, and/or create a significant social and economic impact in the County.
Large Grants: From $1,500.01 – $10,000.00
• High Potential Founders – Although all applicants will be considered, business owners who exhibit the following characteristics will be given priority:
o Have a thorough understanding of their market
o Have assembled a talented team
o Have a passion for building their venture in Orange County High Potential Ventures – Priority will be given to “growth” ventures capable of expanding rapidly, renting office space in Orange County, and hiring Orange County employees.
Use of Funds – Priority will be given to applicants demonstrating a clear need for grant funds to grow their business, hire additional staff, grow the commercial tax base, or create a significant social impact in the County.
• Applicant’s business must be located in Orange County in areas zoned appropriately for their use.
• Applicant’s business must be in operation for at least 6 months prior to the application deadline.
• Applicants and their businesses must not have any past due tax, fee, or fine in Orange County.
Applicant must wait at least 6 months from previous award before reapplying if they have received funding under the small grant category, or one year if they have received funding under the large grant category.
More information at: https://www.growinorangenc.com/about-us/small-business-assistance/small-business-loan-grant/