Sponsoring Agency: City of Worcester
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/16/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
The City of Worcester (City) has established the Outdoor Dining Grant Program to support restaurants, bars, and other food establishments on a reimbursement basis to safely expand outdoor dining options.
These grant funds will assist food related businesses to enhance, expand or establish new outdoor dining options.
Examples include sidewalk cafes, newly created courtyards, parklets and use of off-street parking areas.
• Program Total Funding – $50,000
• Funding Per Business – $2,000 maximum
Approved Uses of Funds
• Outdoor partitions or barriers for spacing (includes vehicle safety barriers).
• Outdoor cover (tents, gazebos, umbrellas, canopies, igloos, etc.).
• Outdoor heating equipment (fuel is not eligible expense).
• Outdoor lighting fixtures.
• Outdoor furniture (tables, chairs, picnic tables).
• Outdoor planters.
• Owners of licensed restaurants, bars or food-related business physically located within the City of Worcester.
• Businesses must either already have, or plan to apply for a Permanent/Temporary Extension of Premises for Outdoor Dining, or Alteration of Premises request with the Worcester License Commission.
• If restaurant serves alcohol, restaurant must be in good standing with the City of Worcester’s license commission and the Massachusetts Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission (ABCC).
• Business must be current on Federal, State and Local Taxes.
• Preference will be given to disadvantaged businesses.
More information at: http://www.worcesterma.gov/coronavirus/business