Sponsoring Agency: Garrett County Government
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/30/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
Garrett County Government has secured grant funds from the Maryland Department of Commerce to be used to provide grants to certain food and beverage providers. Garrett County businesses have been earmarked to receive approximately $104,000 of these funds.
Grant applications will be prioritized to businesses that have not already received funding through the Maryland Department of Commerce Small Business COVID-19 Emergency Relief Grant or Loan Funds, the Maryland Economic Development Assistance Authority and Fund (MEDAAF), and/or Garrett County’s Restaurant Relief Grant.
Approved applicants may receive up to $10,000 in grant funding.
Eligible Fund Uses
• Normal operating expenses, such as rent, payroll, utilities, and job training, or similar costs
• Purchase of equipment and services to expand outdoor dining, such as tents, heaters, warmers, and carts
• Infrastructure improvements, such as HVAC system upgrades
• Technology to support carry-out and delivery services
• Purchase of PPE and disposable food containers and utensils
• Sanitization services
To be eligible for a grant under this program, an applicant must:
• Be primarily engaged in activities that, in accordance with the North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS), would be included in one of the following NAICS code categories:
o NAICS 722320: Caterers
o NAICS 7224: Drinking Places (Alcoholic Beverages)
o NAICS 7225: Restaurant and Other Eating Places
• Be a for-profit business with a physical location in Garrett County;
• Demonstrate a reduction in year-over-year net revenue of at least ten (10%) for the period of March 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020 when compared to net revenue of March 1, 2019 through December 31, 2019
• Have been established and in operation prior to March 1, 2020;
• Be currently in operation and plan to remain in operation;
• Be in good standing with Garrett County Government and the State of Maryland with NO outstanding taxes, fees, or other charges;
• Be registered with the Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation to conduct business within the State of Maryland, if required by law;
• Have a current Garrett County Business License, if required by law; AND
Have a valid Garrett County Health Department Food Service Permit.
More information at: http://www.gcedonline.com/covid-19/grants-loans-and-tax-credits/county-programs