Sponsoring Agency: UWE Bristol
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/05/2021
Size of the Fund: USD $50,000 to $500,000
Are you a Gloucestershire business looking to scale? Would access to grants, free workshops and support unlock your potential for growth? If yes, then apply for the Scale Up 4 Growth (S4G) Grant!
Scale Up 4 Growth (S4G) is a business support programme delivered in partnership between UWE Bristol, Gloucestershire College and NatWest. Funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), it supports businesses in Gloucestershire to grow, expand and scale.
The aim of the programme is to enable businesses to develop their potential, create job opportunities, get ready to scale up and overcome barriers to growth.
• Grants are available to SMEs in the Gloucestershire region for projects that address their barriers to business growth.
• Eligible businesses can apply for grants of between £10,000 and £40,000, which will fund 35% of project costs. Businesses will need to demonstrate their potential and ability to generate new jobs in the Gloucestershire region or increase turnover to achieve their growth ambitions.
• The grant scheme is aimed at SMEs in the Gloucestershire GFirst LEP region who can demonstrate ‘high growth potential’: the potential to generate growth in job creation or turnover in order to achieve their growth ambitions. This includes pre-start-ups, start-ups, micro enterprises, social enterprises and sole traders as well as established companies.
• You will need to consider whether your enterprise is autonomous – by far the most common category – a partner enterprise, or a linked enterprise. To do this, you must take account of any legal relationships you have with other enterprises. Depending on the category in which your enterprise fits you may then need to add some, or all, of the headcount, turnover or balance sheet data from those enterprises to your own. (For example, if an individual owns over 25% of the business, and also has similar or higher level of ownership of other businesses, the other businesses may be considered ‘linked’.)
Types of Project
The grants aim to support growth activity for SMEs from ALL sectors. They are looking to receive applications for a broad range of projects from across the Gloucestershire region.
The S4G grant scheme aims to support projects that will help high growth potential SMEs address barriers to business growth. They will look to support projects and business initiatives where there is a clear ambition to expand from all sectors. Proposals will also ideally link to at least one of the five growth challenges facing scale-up and high growth enterprises:
• Finding talent/skills
• Building leadership capacity
• Increasing sales
• Accessing finance
• Accessing infrastructure.
More information at: http://www.scaleup4growth.co.uk/scale-up-4-growth/4595218021