Sponsoring Agency: Waterford City & County Council
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/30/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
Applications are now invited from business in Waterford City Centre and Dungarvan Town Centre for a grant to support to improvements in the presentation of their shop or business front.
The objectives of the scheme are:
• To enhance the appearance of retail and commercial premises in Waterford City centre and Dungarvan town centre by encouraging and supporting owners of local retail and commercial premises to improve their individual shop/ business fronts
• To support the vitality and vibrancy of Waterford City centre and Dungarvan town centre with positive benefits for all
• Create a more attractive environment that residents, visitors, shoppers and businesses can enjoy
• To promote Dungarvan as a Gaeltacht service town
The scheme provides for up to 50% of the cost of shop front refurbishment, depending on the work proposed with a maximum allowable contribution of €2,000 per applicant depending on the nature of the work.
What types of buildings/ premises are eligible?
• Commercial premises fronting onto a public road
• Commercial premises in the city or town centre (as defined by the Development Plan)
• Owners or leaseholders of indigenous commercial businesses/ retail premises – premises that are part of a franchise or chain are not eligible
• Commercial premises where there are not commercial rates outstanding to Waterford Council
• Businesses not in receipt of the Rates Incentive Scheme or Economic Incentive Schemes.
In addition to the above grant aid, specific grants will be available in Dungarvan town centre to promote the use of Irish language signage.
More information at: https://waterfordcouncil.ie/media/grants/index.htm