Sponsoring Agency: City of San Antonio
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/23/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
Has your small business been negatively impacted by the construction near Alamo Plaza or on Broadway? You could be eligible for a relief grant up to $25,000!
The City of San Antonio is partnering with Centro San Antonio to provide $500,000 in relief to affected small businesses.
With this program, grants of up to $25,000 will be awarded to eligible impacted businesses on the Lower Segment of Broadway and Alamo Plaza areas.
Grant Amount Eligibility
• Self Employed: $5,000
• 1-5 Employees: $10,000
• 6-10 Employees: $15,000
• 11-30 Employees: $25,000
Grants are limited to one per owner. Each application will be reviewed for eligibility using the following criteria:
• Grant applicant must be authorized representative of business.
• Businesses and sole proprietorships with up to 30 employees including full-time and part-time employees (not contract employees).
• Annual gross business revenue of up to $2 million.
• Business must be located within program boundary and must commit to remaining within boundary for at least 6 months from the date of grant award.
• Business must be established prior to February 1, 2020.
• Demonstrate a revenue loss of at least 25% from 2019 to 2020. Revenue loss for businesses opened in early 2020 can be demonstrated by showing quarterly losses relative to first quarter 2020.
• Commitment to the Greater. SAfer. Together. Pledge.
Please make every effort to include the following documents with your application:
• Business entity formation document from Bexar County or Secretary of State with date of formation prior to February 1, 2020. Other documentation to prove entity formation may be acceptable.
• Business operating bank statements from January 2020 through January 2021 OR 2020 business tax return if available
• 2019 business tax return (or 2018 if 2019 is not available)
• Payroll documentation with employee listing/count and Q4 2020 IRS 941.
• Business owner’s driver’s license, state-issued ID, or military ID
• Proof of Business location (Current lease agreement or most recent utility bill)
• If business is woman or minority owned, please submit proof of Business owner race, ethnicity, or gender or South Central Texas Regional Certification Agency (SCTRCA) documentation
• If business is veteran-owned, please upload Military DD214 or honorable discharge documentation
• Statement of how grant funding will improve long term success of the business.
• Plan to obtain a financial assistance counseling session (copy of email or appointment verification).
More information at: https://centrosanantonio.org/small-business-construction-relief/