Sponsoring Agency: Partnership For Advanced Computing in Europe
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 06/01/2021
Size of the Fund: Not Available
The Partnership For Advanced Computing in Europe’s (“PRACE”) Thirteenth Call for Applications to SHAPE (SME HPC Adoption Programme in Europe) invites applications from European SMEs with an interesting idea that would benefit from High Performance Computing for increasing their competitiveness.
SHAPE aims to work with selected SMEs to introduce HPC-based tools and techniques into their business, operational, or production environment. The selected solutions should bring a potential tangible Return on Investment to the SME’s business.
PRACE (Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe) makes it possible for European small to medium enterprises (SMEs) to apply for expert assistance and resources on PRACE systems via SHAPE (SME HPC Adoption Programme in Europe). The aim of SHAPE is to assist SMEs in overcoming barriers to adopting HPC, such as initial cost, lack of in-house expertise and lack of access to resources.
SHAPE offers European SMEs the opportunity to:
• Use HPC for business innovation
• Increase competitiveness
• Benefit from the expertise and knowledge developed within the top-class PRACE Research Infrastructure.
• Successful applicants to the SHAPE programme receive assistance from a PRACE HPC expert and access to major computing facilities. This assistance is provided free, but the SME is expected to:
• Contribute comparable effort (to PRACE staff) to the project to work with the PRACE partner
• Assist in the promotion of the project (eg via the SME’s online channels, industry publications etc)
• Produce an end-of-project technical paper on the project outcomes.
SHAPE is open to SMEs which meet the following criteria:
• Their head offices are based in one of the following countries or they can justify substantial R&D activity in one or more of these countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom
• Only proposals with a civilian purpose will be eligible to participate in SHAPE.
• All mandatory fields must be filled in before the application form can be submitted. The form includes comments and advice on how to fill it in.
More information at: https://prace-ri.eu/call/shape-13th-call/