Sponsoring Agency: Department of Canadian Heritage
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/12/2021
Size of the Fund: Not Available
The Strategic Initiatives component of the Canada Cultural Investment Fund provides financial assistance for projects involving multiple partners that help arts and heritage organizations improve their business practices and diversify their revenues.
By supporting collaborative projects, the Strategic Initiatives component encourages knowledge and resource sharing and the strategic use of technologies. This strengthens the business operations of arts and heritage organizations, helping them make stronger contributions to the Canadian society and economy.
To be eligible for funding from the Strategic Initiatives component, your project must concentrate on one or more of the following four key program priorities:
Developing and sharing of expertise, best practices and tools;
Marketing and audience development;
Innovation, experimentation and development of new approaches; or
Strategic use of technologies.
Your project must also:
directly benefit a number of not-for-profit professional arts or heritage organizations;
demonstrate how it will contribute to the improvement of business practices or revenue diversification of not-for-profit professional arts or heritage organizations;
involve the collaboration of at least three partners including the lead applicant; and
have measurable results in accordance with the objectives of the Strategic Initiatives component.
To be eligible, an applicant must be a not-for-profit organization or equivalent Indigenous peoples' organization with a mandate and activities related to the arts or heritage sector, or a post-secondary education institution or a heritage organization governed by another level of government.
To be eligible for funding, your organization must be:
• a not-for-profit organization, association, institution, or foundation incorporated under the Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act or equivalent provincial or territorial legislation, or equivalent Indigenous peoples' institution or organization, including First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Non-Status Indians:
• administered by an active board of directors or equivalent Indigenous governing body working continuously for three years prior to the application date;
• with a mandate related to the arts or heritage sector as outlined in its mandate statement; and
• with activities and programs that include the arts or heritage sector;
• a post-secondary education institution;
• a heritage organization governed by a provincial, territorial or municipal government with distinct objectives, programs and budgets related to the arts or heritage.
More information at: https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/services/funding/cultural-investment-fund/strategic-initiatives.html