Sponsoring Agency: Village Alliance
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/31/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
The Village Alliance is seeking applications for its Village Recovery Grant Program to provide seed money for new or existing merchants to open or pivot current operations in neighborhood’s commercial storefronts.
The Village Recovery Grant Program will provide $10,000 of working capital to at least 10 storefront businesses impacted by COVID-19. Grant recipients may be either:
• Merchants currently operating with a commercial storefront lease in the Village
• Merchants (new or proposed) planning to sign a storefront lease in the Village
• Both existing businesses and new/proposed businesses in the advanced planning stages (“Entrants”) are eligible to enter the Contest.
• To be eligible to participate in the Contest, the Entrant (a) must have fewer than 50 employees, (b) must have gross revenue of less than $5,000,000 annually, (c) must have 10 or fewer locations, (d) must be incorporated in the State of New York, (e) may be any business entity legally permissible in the United States with the exception of the following categories: businesses engaged in loan packaging, speculation, multi-sales distribution, gambling, investment or lending, non-profit, religious or promoting religious activities, political organizations, adult entertainment and independent professional services (medical, accounting, insurance, etc.). and (f) must not be engaged in illegal, potentially illegal, or illegitimate activities as adjudged in Sponsor’s determination.
• Entrants that are existing businesses must conduct business in a commercial storefront in the Greenwich Village/East Village/West Village (“Village”) neighborhoods of New York City, defined as the south side of 14th Street to the north side of Houston Street, and eastward from the Hudson River to the East River; Entrants that are new or proposed businesses must be in active commercial lease negotiations on a property within the same Village geographic boundary, and must sign a lease before grant funds will be disbursed.
• To be eligible to enter a business in the Contest, you (“Officer”) must be all of the following as of the first day of the Contest Period (defined below): (a) a legal resident of the United States (including the District of Columbia but excluding U.S. territories), (b) at least 18 years of age, and (c) a business owner who is a leading executive (i.e., Founder, President, CEO, CFO, COO, or any other similar title or role) of the business who is authorized to legally bind the business with respect to the Contest.
• The potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility by Sponsor, which may include a background check and completing associated documentation.
More information at: https://www.villagerecoverygrant.com/