Sponsoring Agency: Washington State Department of Commerce
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/10/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
The Washington State Department of Commerce is seeking applications for Working Washington Grants: Round 4 to offer grant relief funds to small for-profit businesses, especially those that were required to close due to public health and safety measures.
Priorities for funding are:
• Businesses required closing.
• Businesses with lost revenue as a result of closure.
• Businesses with added expenses to maintain safe operations.
• Equitable distribution of grant funds across the state and to businesses owned and operated by historically disadvantaged individuals.
This program’s focus is helping small for-profit businesses impacted by COVID-19 and related health and safety measures. The state legislature approved $240 million for this program (ESHB 1368, signed into law on Feb. 19, 2021).
The state’s Working Washington Round 4 Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program will provide grants to eligible businesses up to $25,000.
Requirements for Eligibility
• Active for-profit business or individual DBA located in Washington State (“does business as”.) Businesses can only apply for one location per business (identified by UBI or EIN).
• Has been in business before January 1, 2020 and filed a 2019 tax return
• Generates at least 51% of revenue in Washington State
• Operates from a physical brick and mortar location in Washington State (separate from owner’s home)
• Reported gross annual revenue between $25,000 and $5,000,000 USD in 2019
• Experienced a decrease in revenue and/or incurred additional costs between 2019 and 2020 due to COVID-19 public health and safety measures.
More information at: https://commercegrants.com/