Sponsoring Agency: EEA Grants Portugal
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/31/2021
Size of the Fund: USD $500,000 to $1 Million
EEA Grants Portugal has announced the 2nd round of Call #3 – Resource Efficiency of Enterprises in Marine Sector Supported to finance enterprises to apply innovative products and technologies which are already available in the market, or to develop new ones, that use marine litter as raw material.
The main objective of this call is to finance enterprises to apply innovative products and technologies which are already available in the market, or to develop new ones. The expected outcome addresses the issue of greater resource efficiency through a circular economy approach, supporting businesses using marine litter as raw material or creating conditions to collect litter to be used as a secondary raw material elsewhere.
Type of Projects
The scope of projects eligible for funding under this Call are the following:
• Develop and apply innovative technologies, processes and solutions to green the business operations in marine sector through circular economy, e.g. increased material efficiency, increased by-products use, increased incorporation of waste;
• Develop and apply innovative technologies, processes and solutions that reduce material and resource inputs and/or minimize the generation of waste, in marine sector, that may end in the ocean;
• Develop and apply innovative processes and solutions for the collection of marine litter;
• Develop and apply innovative technologies, processes and solutions for the recycling and re-use of processed or unprocessed marine litter;
• Develop carbon sequestration-based, climate mitigation and/or ecosystem recovery businesses throughout algae reforestation and other nature-based solutions, including seagrass production for coastal management and shore stabilization.
• Available Fund: 1.500.000€
• Maximum Grant Amount for each project: 750.000€
• Minimum Grant Amount for each project: 200.000€
• Eligible promoters: SMEs and large enterprises with no more than 25% public ownership, established as legal persons in Portugal are considered eligible applicants of projects.
• Natural persons are not eligible.
• Each promoter may submit one application only and may participate in up to 2 more as a partner.
• Eligible partners: Any public or private entity, commercial or non-commercial, as well as non-governmental organisations established as a legal person either in the Donor States or Portugal, actively involved in, and effectively contributing to, the implementation of a project, are considered eligible project partners.
More information at: https://www.eeagrants.gov.pt/en/programmes/blue-growth/calls/2nd-call-3-resource-efficiency-of-enterprises-in-marine-sector-supported/