Sponsoring Agency: EY
Type of Fund:
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/15/2021
Size of the Fund: Not Available
Nominations are open for the annual EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ (EOY) awards in Singapore. The awards, which was started in 2002 to coincide with the government’s focus on entrepreneurship, celebrates its 20th year anniversary this year.
The theme for the awards this year is “The Unstoppables”. The public and business community is encouraged to nominate outstanding entrepreneurs for the award.
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ is the world’s most prestigious business awards program for unstoppable entrepreneurs. These visionary leaders deliver innovation, growth and prosperity that transform our world. The program engages entrepreneurs with insights and experiences that foster growth. It connects them with their peers to strengthen entrepreneurship around the world. EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the first and only truly global awards program of its kind. It celebrates entrepreneurs through regional and national awards programs in more than 145 cities in over 60 countries.
To be a nominee, the candidate must be:
• An owner-manager primarily responsible for the recent performance of a privately held Singapore-based company that is at least two years old, or
• A founder of a listed Singapore-based company who is still active in senior management.
The following six judging criteria sets the global standard adhered to by each and every country participating in the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year awards.
• Entrepreneurial spirit
o The individual is a risk-taker who sets very high standards and demonstrates an unflinching desire and determination to succeed despite significant obstacles.
• Financial performance/Value creation
o The business has demonstrated strong financial performance and maintains a good track record in raising finance. Coupled with quality investments and its focus on the development of human capital, the business has the potential for long-term sustainability.
• Strategic direction
o The individual not only creates and turns business visions into realities, but also builds strategic alliances and empowers talents to achieve common goals.
• National and global impact
o The business has displayed a high degree of potential of growth and expansion into international markets that has made national and global impact in terms of job creation and improved living economics.
o The individual has pioneered a new approach or technology, embraces changes and continuously innovates.
• Personal integrity/Purpose-driven leadership
o The individual earns great respect and is able to communicate ideas and influence the wider community. The individual’s enforcement of socially responsibility practices seeks to improve the quality of life. The individual demonstrates a commitment to the highest ethical and quality standards in business activities and operations.
EY Family Business Award of Excellence
This winner will be selected by independent knowledge partners, Business Families Institute @ Singapore Management University and The Wendel International Centre for Family Enterprise, INSEAD, based on the judging criteria below.
• Leadership of the company includes family member(s) from second or subsequent generations, or has multiple branches of a family involved in leadership (i.e., one individual and first generation would not qualify for the award).
• The family still has a significant ownership and voting stake and is primarily responsible for setting the strategic direction and values for the firm.
• The legal form of the company or group of companies is not relevant.
• Companies may be private or publicly traded.
• If the shares and voting rights have been transferred to a trust, it will remain to be considered as family business if the family has dominant influence on the trust in a way described above.
• The business or headquarter of the business is located in Singapore.
• Companies shows evidence of a successful, sustainable and long term-oriented strategy.
• Company has adopted an effective and transparent corporate governance approach, enabling the execution of the desired strategy and living out of family values.
• Company governance enables unity among the family ownership (i.e., little evidence of significant family disputes impacting the business).
• Demonstrated the ability of the family to preserve company culture, tradition and values and maintained the entrepreneurial spirit and continued innovation over generations.
• Evidence shown of exceptional personnel management.
• Commitment to philanthropic causes or corporate social responsibility.
• Other exceptional achievements such as business awards, public service etc.
More information at: https://www.ey.com/en_sg/news/2021/03/nominations-open-for-the-20th-ey-entrepreneur-of-the-year-2021-awards-in-singapore