Sponsoring Agency: Nashville Entrepreneur Center
Type of Fund:
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/22/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
On Thursday, April 29th, from 12-1p the Nashville Entrepreneur Center is hosting a virtual elevator pitch competition for black entrepreneurs in Tennessee.
The EC’s Pitch for Good monthly event series sets the stage for entrepreneurs who are focused on finding solutions that benefit local community and the world. Entrepreneurs across the state (and current EC participants) apply to pitch their businesses for the chance to be awarded financial grants.
The program started with “Pitch for Good: Pandemic Edition” in May 2020 to shine a light on entrepreneurs pivoting their business to help fight COVID-19. Now, each month, the Pitch for Good event focuses on underserved communities, headlining industries or celebrating the entrepreneurs of hometown.
They will be selecting 6 total entrepreneurs to conduct a 1-minute elevator pitch to a panel of judges and an open audience. The top voted entrepreneur in each of the following stages will be awarded a financial grant:
• Stage 1: $0-25,000 in revenue
• Stage 2: $25,000+ in revenue
• Crowd favorite (selected by audience)
This edition’s grants have been provided through generous support from Cummins, and include:
• Stage 1: $13,000 financial grant
• Stage 2: $10,000 financial grant
• Crowd Favorite: $3,000 financial grant
• Must identify as black
• Must be creating positive good in the world via their business pursuits
• Founder must be based in Tennessee or company must be incorporated in Tennessee OR any EC member, program participant, or Alumni
*2020 Pitch for Good grant awardees are not eligible to apply.
More information at: https://www.ec.co/pitch-for-good-2/