Sponsoring Agency: THRIVE
Type of Fund: Challenges, Competitions or Prizes
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 06/11/2021
Size of the Fund: USD $50,000 to $500,000
The THRIVE | Bayer Sustainability Challenge aims to identify and support key startup and scaleup innovators to implement solutions that promote sustainability through reducing the environmental impact of crop protection, reducing field greenhouse gas emissions, and empowering smallholder farmers to access sustainable agricultural solutions.
The THRIVE | Bayer Sustainability Challenge combines Bayer Crop Sciences’ sustainability commitments and THRIVE’s Global Initiative focus on the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals to promote innovations that can address pressing challenges in the global agrifood chain. If you are a startup or scaleup that helps sustainably solve for one or more of our three focus areas, we want to hear from you!
• Reduce Greenhouse Gases
• Reduce Environmental Impact
• Empower Smallholder Farmers
Benefits for Winners
• Investment: Receive $75k USD from THRIVE and access the Leaps by Bayer investment team!
• Access to R&D Resources & Networking: Meet with Bayer’s Open Innovation and Strategic Partnerships Group, and access partnership opportunities within THRIVE’s ecosystem
• Publicity: Gain brand recognition through Bayer’s channels and through the THRIVE | Forbes Demo Day
• Award-Winning Thrive Accelerator: Secure placement in THRIVE’s Accelerator Program in 2022
• Mentorship & Coaching: Access Bayer’s technical and/or commercial experts based on your company’s needs and receive focused startup coaching from THRIVE
• Bayer Pilot Project Sponsorship: Explore proof-of-concept pilot in impacted sustainability area(s)
• Access to Bayer Investment And R&D Resources: Access Bayer’s Open Innovation and Strategic Partnerships Group, and the Leaps by Bayer investment team!
• Publicity: Gain brand recognition and achievement through Bayer and THRIVE channels
• Thrive Top 50 Fast-Track: Receive automatic nomination for THRIVE’s TOP 50 AgTech & FoodTech Listings
• Thrive Ecosystem: Be shortlisted for future partnership opportunities with THRIVE’s network
o Pre-Seed (proving technology, building MVP, validating product market fit)
o Seed (measuring and proving target market and CAC)
o Series A (proving scalability of base business and formalizing business model)
o Series B (expanding market reach, growing team, bolstering key product offerings)
More information at: https://thriveagrifood.com/bayer-sustainability-challenge/