Sponsoring Agency: Inventures
Type of Fund: Challenges, Competitions or Prizes
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/14/2021
Size of the Fund: Not Available
Inventures is currently accepting applications for its Startup Pitch Competition for startup companies eager to get a jump-start toward their success.
The Inventures Startup Pitch Event is an exciting opportunity to pitch your product or service to an audience of venture capitalists, angel investors, entrepreneurs, early adopters, business educators, and service providers.
2021 Inventures Startup Pitch Categories
• Innovation of Work: A new generation of digital nomads is creating a ‘do anything from anywhere’ workplace shaped by technologies that erase distance and compress time. Human to humanoid interaction is gaining sophistication thanks to automation and machine learning. In parallel, data visualization, augmented reality and interdisciplinary trends are bringing the arts to STEM, expanding opportunities for a resilient, creative and diverse workforce.
• AgTech Meets BioTech: Smart agriculture and geo-sciences are at the heart of an expanding universe of bio-tech solutions for critical issues–from feeding one billion undernourished people to sheltering millions who live without adequate essentials. Genomics, real time soil and water data, regenerative practices are driving the radical transformation of labour intensive farm-to-fork supply chains to high-tech, interconnected processing hubs.
• The AI Datasphere: The wide spectrum of intelligent automation and algorithmic learning technologies represents a powerful and adaptive strategic platform. Riding on it is data, the new currency–with an estimated 20 billion active IoT (internet of things) devices in use. This is driving monumental leaps in blockchain, quantum computing, fintech and augmented analytics. This is met by equal urgency to create impenetrable security systems for global trade, banking and consumer product supply chains.
• Co-Designing Healthier Living: Technologies that put the person at the center of the solution are helping to save lives and lessen costs on a local and global scale. Against the backdrop of the global health pandemic, rapid response systems are revolutionizing the way we treat disease and how we prevent it. Sensor technology, predictive data models, advanced algorithms and robotics are transforming how health care is designed, delivered and received.
• Building Adaptive Communities: Vibrant new cities are emerging from concrete monoliths as technologies interconnect symbiotic neighborhoods built with smart electricity grids, shared transportation networks, vertical food production centres and green spaces. Shared mobile and transportation networks, modular construction, 4-D printing technologies and sustainable materials are helping to generate livable communities that reimagine daily interaction between people, structures and technologies.
• Net-Zero Emissions Energy: The future of energy production and consumption is at the forefront of global conversations. Through innovation, new uses of conventional energy resources, including blue hydrogen and advanced building materials from bitumen are within reach. These and other energy transforming technologies are pointing the way to high demand and high value markets for low carbon products. As wholesale social change sweeps across sectors, industry leaders from petrochemicals to packaging to information technologies are finding better ways to address changing needs.
If you are selected to participate in the Inventures Startup Pitch Event, you will have the opportunity to pitch your product or service to audience of venture capitalists, angel investors, entrepreneurs, early adopters, business educators and service providers. In addition, you will be provided demo space in the Inventures Startup Showcase Area on one of the conference dates, which you can use to network one-on-one with audience members.
• Companies must have launched/be planning to launch their product or service within 24 months of September 2021
• Companies must not have raised more than $10 million in funding
• Companies may only enter one product or service in the Inventures Startup Pitch Event
• The submitted product or service must fall under one of the Inventures Startup Pitch Event Categories
• Companies featured in the 2018, 2019, or 2020 Inventures Startup Pitch Event are not eligible to participate
The Judges will focus on these five critical elements:
• Creativity (Originality and uniqueness of idea)
• Potential (Longevity, actualization and profitability of idea)
• Goodness (How does the product or service impact/improve the world?)
• Traction (Market traction with regard to sales, users, marketing exposure, etc.)
• Team / People (What experience does the team have and how will they help the business succeed?)
More information at: https://inventurescanada.com/pitch-events/