Sponsoring Agency: MaRS
Type of Fund: Accelerator, Incubation, Mentorship and/or Training
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 06/11/2021
Size of the Fund: Not Available
MaRS has announced the RBC Women in Cleantech Accelerator, powered by MaRS and supported by RBC Tech for Nature. The new program aims to help Canadian women advance their clean technology ideas into market-ready clean technology products with the potential for global impact.
Each year, they will recruit a mix of 10 exceptional women entrepreneurs and coach them through an intensive 12-month program, connecting them to top government laboratories, investors and corporate partners.
The RBC Women in Cleantech Accelerator has five main objectives:
• Seek out the best, most driven women entrepreneurs, balanced with BIPOC representation.
• Enable their dedication to the mission.
• Leverage existing federal research assets and networks of expertise, maximizing use of existing public resources to advance their R&D goals.
• Build support for their success via a curated mix of mentorship, educational programming and access to market intelligence.
• Make timely connections to the investors and corporate partners that matter.
As part of this exclusive cohort, you get access to:
• A lead business advisor with deep sector knowledge to help build your business and develop your product.
• Potential no-cost opportunity to work with a federal government lab facility that is matched to your specific R&D needs.
• Significantly enhanced profile through the Women in Cleantech brand, including highlights in press releases and industry events focused on cleantech.
• Workshops through a curriculum designed to build business skills necessary for success. This curated curriculum was designed with feedback from MaRS subject-matter experts, and the inaugural Women in Cleantech Challenge finalists, with the goal of helping your company gain an edge in markets that are hard to crack.
• Curated introductions to domestic and international investors and corporations.
• Access to mentor networks through investor showcases and curated events with influential women business leaders and industry experts.
• Opportunity to build relationships with other selected ventures, as well as the inaugural Women in Cleantech Challenge finalists.
• Potential to participate in the Canadian Tech Accelerators program(s) organized by Global Affairs Canada (Trade Commissioner Service) to introduce you to opportunities in key U.S. markets.
• Access to market intelligence, capital, talent and communications services offered through MaRS, North America’s largest urban innovation hub based in Toronto.
Who are they looking for?
• People who identify as women who are working to commercialize a cleantech innovation with potential for global impact.
• You are the leader of a business that is registered as a Canadian corporation.
• You are looking to join a one-year intensive program to help accelerate the growth of your company.
• You identify as a woman.
• You are the main technology innovator or individual leading/co-leading a Canadian business.
• You are part of a business venture that is registered as a Canadian corporation.
In addition to applicant eligibility, your technological innovation should:
• Fall under the definition of “cleantech” which, for the purposes of this Accelerator, is defined as “A company that is focused on the creation of intellectual property and new products that protect and/or increase efficient utilization of land, energy, water and natural resources while improving economic performance and reducing the environmental footprint relative to the baseline.”
• Be proprietary and/or patentable.
• Have potential to scale globally for major impact.
Fall within TRL4 and TRL7 on the nine-point Technology Readiness Level spectrum
• TRL4: basic testing to validate the technology in a laboratory/controlled setting.
• TRL5: component and/or validation in a simulated environment
• TRL6: system/subsystem model or prototype demonstration in a simulated environment.
• TRL7: prototype is ready for demonstration in an appropriate operational environment.
More information at: https://marsdd.com/service/rbc-women-in-cleantech-accelerator/