Sponsoring Agency: Trade Commissioner Service
Type of Fund: Accelerator, Incubation, Mentorship and/or Training
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/30/2021
Size of the Fund: Not Available
Do you want to grow your climatetech business in the United States (U.S.)? There is a significant demand for climatetech solutions in the U.S. now, driven by both policy and market forces. The Canadian Technology Accelerator for climatetech will help you find venture investors and customers for your solution in the four largest climatetech markets in the U.S.: New York, San Francisco, Boston and Denver.
The Canadian Technology Accelerator (CTA) program, managed by the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service (TCS), provides Canadian high-growth market-ready companies support to access global markets and entrepreneurship services within the Digital Industries / Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), Life Sciences and Cleantech sectors.
This program will begin in June 2021 and will take between 2 to 3 hours per week. You will have access to customized support including:
• matching with a mentor and/or sector expert with wide-ranging industry experience that will help you prepare to scale your business and attract customers and investors in the U.S. and worldwide
• individual deep dive sessions by the Cleantech trade commissioners in New York and San Francisco to identify areas where market barriers can be reduced to promote exporting your technology or raising funds in the U.S.
• an opportunity to pitch directly to the researchers with up to three cohort companies receiving 40 hours of free lab time for use with third-party validation or technical problem solving
• preliminary acceptance into the 2021 CleanTech Open (CTO) Accelerator Program for all CTA cohort members that meet the CTO entrance criteria
The program will culminate in virtual or in-person engagement with leading climatetech players in all four markets. This non-equity program is at no cost to Canadian companies beyond any individual travel costs they incur.
What they offer
Upon acceptance, your business will benefit from:
• curated introductions to prominent U.S. climatetech venture capitalists (VCs), angel investors, family offices, corporate strategics, and other potential investors, partners and customers
• brokered introductions to sector exports and key players in four vibrant U.S. climatetech markets
• opportunities to pitch to U.S.-based investors and buyers
• extensive background intelligence on local markets including:
o regulatory environments
o customer acquisition
o investor attraction
• access to dedicated sector experts who will help with targeted introductions and other program initiatives
• review and edits to your pitch deck by an experienced graphic designer
They are seeking innovative Canadian climatetech companies who:
• are looking to raise a seed or series A round of funding either currently or within the next 12 months
• have a differentiated technology
• have market traction through existing sales or investment in Canada or in the U.S.
• have a strong, passionate and committed team with specific market-entry goals
The Trade Commissioner Service use a broad definition of climatetech and are interested in working with a wide range of technologies, in particular those that mitigate the impacts of climate change, drive efficiency or reduce a sector’s carbon impact.
The Trade Commissioner Service supports equity and diversity in trade. They strongly encourage companies led by Canadians of all backgrounds and orientations to apply.
More information at: https://www.tradecommissioner.gc.ca/cta-atc/cleantech-US-technologies_propres-EU.aspx?lang=eng