Sponsoring Agency: Thought for Food
Type of Fund:
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/14/2021
Size of the Fund: Not Available
The Food Systems Game Changers Lab is a multi-phase program conceptualized by EAT, IDEO, Thought for Food, The Rockefeller Foundation, and other collaborators who support the UN Food Systems Summit. Phase 1, the Global Open Call, is hosted by IDEO and seeks people who have ideas, initiatives, or innovations that have the potential to bring positive change to global food systems—and the passion, grit, collaborative spirit, and determination required to take their solutions forward in partnership with others.
The Food Systems Game Changers Lab opens the doors for you to join a global community of food systems solvers around the UN 2021 Food Systems Summit.
EAT, IDEO, Thought For Food, and The Rockefeller Foundation have joined forces with the organizers of the 2021 UN Food Food Systems Summit to discover and support ideas, enterprises and initiatives that have the potential to transform our world’s food systems.
If selected for the Food Systems Game Changers Lab, you’ll gain access to the knowledge and experience of people like you, eager to advance solutions to food systems challenges—and have the opportunity to bring your solutions to the global stage.
You’ll gain access to customized curricula that will help you build partnerships, deepen your systems mindset, and monitor systems change efforts. As part of a cohort of people, teams, and organizations with complementary solutions, your ideas will be featured in a flagship publication, and you’ll be able to put your solution forward for matching with potential implementation partners or investors at the time of the Summit. Your involvement could result in new resources, feedback, collaborators, and partnerships to move your ideas further.
Being selected for Phase 2 of the Food Systems Game Changers Lab directly following this Global Open Call gives you access to:
• Tailored mentorship and expertise
• Others with similar solution types (e.g., digital technology, financial innovation, behavior change)
• Others with similar impact goals (e.g., improved diets)
• Systems thinking curricula, tools, and experts
• Inclusion in a flagship publication
• Prospective investors and implementing partners like national and city-based governments, etc.
Who can Participate?
There are several qualities that will be crucial throughout the Food Systems Game Changers Lab. They are looking for individuals, teams, and organizations who have ideas, innovations, or initiatives that could contribute to a better food future for everyone, everywhere. They are looking for people who think systemically about feasible actions, which can be sustained over time and would shift the capacity of food systems to advance global goals for people, planet, and prosperity.
They are also looking for people who have the passion, grit, collaborative spirit, and determination required to take their solutions forward in partnership with others.
No matter how you’re involved with food—whether you provide, distribute, study, invent, or consume it; advocate for, invest in, make policy around, write about, or design for it—you’re invited to be part of the action. And part of the solution.
Specifically, they hope to engage participants representing all of the following categories and more:
• Farmers, Ranchers, Herders, Fish and Seafood Producers
• Food Distributors
• Food Preparers
• Food Consumers
• Food Worker Unions
• Food Start-ups & Food Entrepreneurs
• Chefs and Restaurant Workers
• Civil Society/Non-Profit Organizations
• Food Researchers
• Climate and Environmental Researchers and Advocates
• Food Justice & Food Sovereignty Advocates
• Food Banks
• Human Rights Specialists
• Grassroots Activists
• Public Institutions
• Data Scientists, AI Specialists, Software Engineers, Coders
• Designers, Storytellers, Artists, and Creatives
• Social Entrepreneurs
• Consumer Groups/Organizations
• Technology Companies
• Companies of all shapes and sizes, from production to consumption and back
• UN Member State Officials
• City Officials
Note: Participants are not required to be registered as a legal entity (company, nonprofit, government) and can submit solutions as an individual or a team.
More information at: https://thoughtforfood.org/gamechangerslab/