Sponsoring Agency: Sunderland City Council
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/18/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
Sunderland City Council is accepting applications for its Covid Support Grant.
This scheme is now open to applications from:
• Businesses within the hospitality, accommodation or leisure sector
• The supply chain to the hospitality, accommodation or leisure sector
• Businesses providing in person face to face services which have been mandated to close or severely impacted by local or national restrictions
Please note this scheme is focused on businesses which have not received funding from any of the Covid-19 grant schemes that the Council has been administering since 18 September 2020.
Grant awards will be made at a flat rate of £2,000.
To be eligible for this one-off payment grant, businesses must be able to demonstrate that:
• they have been severely impacted by Covid-19
• they were operating on 18 September 2020 and continue to do so
• they have non-domestic ongoing fixed costs integral to running their business at a minimum of £200 per month (e.g. vehicle lease/loan, vehicle insurance for commercial purposes, phone/website fixed costs)
• the business provides the majority of the applicant's income
Applicants will be expected to provide:
• a copy of a business bank account statement demonstrating ongoing fixed business costs
• copies of business bank account statements demonstrating trading activity
• other evidence as appropriate for the individual expenses (e.g. copy of insurance certificate, copy of commercial vehicle lease agreement etc) if requested
• proof of a current DVSA certificate of registration including named instructor details, photograph and expiry date (for driving instructors only)
This scheme is open to businesses who were not eligible for ARG schemes within the sectors above because they were not able to meet the eligibility criteria of £250 or more fixed commercial property costs.
Please note, businesses which have received funding from any of the Covid-19 grant schemes which the Council has been administering since 18 September 2020 are not be eligible for support under this scheme.
More information at: https://www.sunderland.gov.uk/article/18359/Covid-Support-Grant