Sponsoring Agency: West Northamptonshire Council
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 05/12/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
Additional Restriction Grant funding held by the 3 predecessor councils (Daventry District Council, Northampton Borough Council and South Northamptonshire Council) will be transferred to West Northamptonshire Council.
Part of the financial support measures announced in the government’ budget are grants to help businesses who have been forced to close under the latest measures. The previous mandatory grant scheme, the Local Restrictions Support Grant is to cease from the 31st March 2021 and is to be replaced with the Restart grant Scheme. The Restart Grant scheme is to support the following businesses as the economy re-opens following the easing of National Restrictions:
• Non-essential retail businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or less, will receive a one-off grant of £2,667.
• Non-essential retail businesses with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000, will receive a one-off grant of £4,000.
• Non-essential retail businesses with a rateable value of £51,000 or above, will receive a one-off grant of £6,000.
• Qualifying Hospitality, Accommodation, Leisure, Personal Care and Gym business properties with a rateable value of £15,000 or less, will receive a one-off grant of £8,000.
• Qualifying Hospitality, Accommodation, Leisure, Personal Care and Gym business properties with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000, will receive a one-off grant of £12,000.
• Qualifying Hospitality, Accommodation, Leisure, Personal Care and Gym business properties with a rateable value of £51,000 or above, will receive a one-off grant of £18,000.
o must have a registered address in the West Northamptonshire District to be eligible for this scheme and the business will need to be trading within the West Northamptonshire District – where a business is registered in another council area (although has a presence in the West Northamptonshire Council area) the council will take a discretionary view on a case-by-case basis
o must be actively trading or be taking measures to re-open from 1 April onwards
o which have been forced to close and which are outside of the business rate system, for example shared spaces and market traders, are eligible to apply under this scheme
o while not legally forced to close but which provide goods or services to a business that is mandated to close are eligible to apply for a grant – this could include, for example, businesses which supply the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors or businesses in the events sector and a statement will be required from the company showing that:
at least 30% of their revenue comes from businesses required to close, or
30% of normally expected revenue has been lost during the period
• Business owners who operate their business from home but have fixed business-related costs are also eligible to apply.
• can continue to trade and can operate their services remotely
• have chosen to close but are not required to close unless they can demonstrate significant financial impact as a result of restrictions
• have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of Subsidy Allowance permitted
• are in administration, insolvent or where a striking off notice has been made are not eligible for funding under this discretionary scheme
More information at: https://www.westnorthants.gov.uk/business-and-licensing/additional-restrictions-grant-arg