Sponsoring Agency: European Regional Development Fund
Type of Fund: Grant
Deadline Available: Available
Deadline Date (mm/dd/yyyy): 04/30/2021
Size of the Fund: Less than USD $50,000
TALE gives small businesses the opportunity to improve their logistics by applying for a grant of up to £10,000.
The project must help introduce new data analytic tools and techniques to the business. For larger awards, it must also lead to a new product or service being launched.
All Grants are funded by the ERDF (European Regional Development Fund) and this EU budget is guaranteed regardless of Brexit as it has been drawn down by the UK Government.
The TALE programme funds projects that use data analytics as part of a logistics function. Grants can contribute up to 40% of your total project spend, with your company funding the other 60%. Your project spend can include elements of capital, revenue, software and consultancy costs. For example:
• Software applications including tracking systems, warehouse management, stock control, security protection tools and market intelligence software.
• Consultants to advise on, or help implement a data use solution.
• Equipment for data collection and processing such as computers, iPads, telephony and data capture devices such as sensors.
TALE (Transport and Logistical Efficiencies) offers two types of grants:
• TALE Lite Grants are worth £1,000 to £2,000 (for a project costing £2,500 to £5,000). They can be used to purchase software and initial consultancy advice related to data
• TALE Grants are worth £1,000 to £10,000 (for a project costing £2,500 to £25,000) and can be used for support software, consultancy, or the purchase of equipment
• Grants are available to SMEs who move goods from A to B, including those involved in freight transport, manufacturing, and distribution. Businesses must be based in East Sussex, Essex, Kent, Norfolk or Suffolk.
• Applicants are supported by a team of facilitators who will guide them through the application process. A TALE Lite grant could be approved in as little as a fortnight.
More information at: https://www.techcorridor.co.uk/articles/improve-your-logistics-tale-grants/